I have an urge to......

-

EvilScamp

Reaction score
Build another car.
I don't even have my Duster half done yet but i have been thinking about building something a little different than what i have done before.

NO not a GM :pukel: i'm thinking more along the lines of a low-budget street rod or a rat rod!
I know where i can get a 29 model-A frame to build a rod around.
I always had a passion for these kind of hot rods,when i was a kid my dad had a 31 Ford 5-window coupe he had to sell it when he got out of work and needed money :(
My cousin has a 40 Ford coupe and i also know a guy with a 36 Ford coupe that's in decent shape,i would love to have it but he won't sell it!
Don't get me wrong i'll never give up my Mopar's i just want to build an old hot rod! 8)

Anybody else into street rods or have one?

what would be unique and fit the cravings.... a roadster (maybe a '27 dodge coupe and a small block mopar instead of chebbie.... definately out of the norm

If i can do it i garantee it will have a mopar drivetrain! :D
My cousins 40 Ford has a 350 in it and i keep telling him to pull it out and at least put a Ford motor in it!
But he's happy with the 350 and won't change it. :roll:

DO it then ill come pick it up when yur done so u dont hav to worry about all the shiping problems,id love to build a Rat Rod one of these days always loved the way they looked
MIKE

THEWHITEZOMBIE said:
id love to build a Rat Rod one of these days always loved the way they looked
MIKE

Me to,the episode of Rides where they built the yellow 27 T (which was probably one of the sickest Rods i've ever seen) that really got me to thinking about building one.
Here's some pics. i found on the net i have saved.

93434979.jpg

Check out the intake on this one :D
93434986.jpg

93434994.jpg

93434979.jpg

93434986.jpg

93434994.jpg

There now saved in my favs. sweet man thanks ill keep them in my head when i build up one
MIKE

I think rat rods are pretty cool 8) Plus you don't have to worry about a killer paint job :D I'd like an old dodge truck with stroked 340 :wink:

It was at the Portland Auto Show. When he opens it up the eyes and mouth on that skull open up. When he sits in it his head sticks out of the roof.

tried to find a picture of the most beutiful hotrod i have ever seen its built in sweden(think it was built in the early 70´s) and is called "the glowing coupe" it can basicly kill a hotrod show that is how outstanding it is.. would like somthing like that one but with a hemi engine...

but i would be happy enough with a 1968 hemi dart :drunken:

-
Back