I have cool friends!!

-

thesiren74

Reaction score
Two of my buddies bought a 1966 318 Poly for my wife and i for Christmas! Awesome dudes. It'll look and run nice in the 1950 Dodge.
20201226_151642.jpg

It came out of a running 66 Coronet i believe it's over 100,000 but re-gasket and re-seal it'll be great for cruising.

It came out of a running 66 Coronet i believe it's over 100,000 but re-gasket and re-seal it'll be great for cruising.

Dang right. And if you ever update it, don't forget, it'll safely bore to 4" and a 4" 360 crank is a drop in. LOL

HEY! that looks like the one in my garage...oh yea, mine still has exhaust manifolds on it. You have my favorite wrench on the engine. 1/2 X 9/16 offset box...you could practically take a car apart with that.

Those are schweeet!! I almost stuffed one into a Model A but it ended up being junk.

Too bad all the vintage speed equipment is so rare and expensive, too. Nothing like a fully dressed poly!

My uncle begged me for years to take a running poly out of his garage, I never did, because I had no use for it.

I had an old 50 Dodge back in high school with the flat head 6 in it & three on the tree. It was a blast & damn near indestructible. I sold it before I went into the army to a cousin & he let it sit and rot to the ground.

Last edited:
I had an old 50 Dodge back in high school with the flat head 6 in it & three on the tree. It was a blast & damn near indestructible. I sold it before I went into the army to a cousin & he let it sit and rot to the ground.
Fluid drive! It's weird but this 6 has a dead hole and sat for 12yrs outside rather do the swap than stick money into something that's on it's way out.

I'm a sucker for those ol' poly engines! They run so dang smooth! Rusty is almost right. A 340 4 inch crank will drop right in. :poke:

-
Back