I have returned. (No, I'm not MacArthur

-

66Baccaruda

Reaction score
My name is Emil Harris.I have been away completely for about a year and a half due to medical Issues.
A little about me. I was born in and grew up in Corvallis Oregon and now live in Halsey Or. My wife and I have been married almost 41 years and have three great kids. My oldest son is a computer geek (and likes Fords) and is a Network Administrator III with the local medical consortium which includes five hospitals and a bazillion clinics. He's responsible for placement of the computer systems and problems of the hardware for all of them. My younger son Kyle is a police officer in Troutdale Or. and is a School Resource Officer with Reynolds High School. He was on duty on the day of the shooting there in June of 14. He and his wife just had our first grandchild last week. He is currently a staff sergeant in the Air Force Reserve (C-17 Loadmaster and did a tour in Iraq. He also is a member of FABO. My daughter is the office manager for a real estate office in Salem so they are all reasonably close.
I am an Army veteran and served two tours in Vietnam 70-72, 229th AHB First Cav Division. I enlisted in 68 after one year at Oregon State where I ingloriously flunked out. After I got out I went back to school and got my degree. The degree did me absolutely no good as I ended working in the parts racket, farm equipment, automotive, and truck. I was able to retire in late 2009.
Car wise I currently have a 66 Barracuda 273 auto project and the 71 Duster 340 that I bought new from Chrysler Military Sales Corp when I was over there. We sold it in 78 after Brian my oldest was a baby because it wasn't conducive to baby seats. I kind of knew where it was over the years as two of the previous owners lived down the road from my folks. It seemed like every time I talked to my dad, he was bitching about the guys racing up and down the road. The guy I got it back from damaged the 360 that was in it and parked it in 2005. It was in a warm dry storage building that protected it from everything but mice. I was going to go through the 360 but just got a bunch of 340 parts including two blocks so that's the route I'm taking.
I know real exciting, right?

My name is Emil............. My wife and I have ............. a 66 Barracuda 273 auto project and the 71 Duster 340 that I bought new from Chrysler Military Sales Corp .......... The guy I got it back from damaged the 360 that was in it and parked it in 2005. It was in a warm dry storage building that protected it from everything but mice. I was going to go through the 360 but just got a bunch of 340 parts including two blocks so that's the route I'm taking.............. right?

Ok, my brain hurts, LMAO, but I simplified your life for you a little bit LOL

Welcome aboard. Lots of great guys (and girls and women) here.

-
Back