I have to show off a little. :-)

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
This is my Magnum cold start every time.
Electric fuel pump, return fuel system with an Edelbrock 600 electric choke and HEI ignition.
I turn the key on and give it a couple of seconds to make sure the carb is full, twice to the floor with the throttle and BAM.
The high idle is set so it really only chokes and holds the idle up in the winter, so during the summer I feather it just a little and then it idles on it's own.

Nice when it all comes together doesn't it? Great exhaust note too.

Cold starts in Arizona? I didn't know it got cold enough there to where you had to feather the gas.

Nice when it all comes together doesn't it? Great exhaust note too.

Cold starts in Arizona? I didn't know it got cold enough there to where you had to feather the gas.

In the winter it gets down around 12-15 degrees here where I live and we get snow every year.
In the spring, summer and fall it doesn't get cold enough to set the choke much at all.

That electric pump is the key. Great sound as well!

When I built this motor I blocked off the mechanical pump opening because I knew I wasn't going mechanical.
Downside is I have had to replace the pump twice so far, but fortunately my AF gauge warned me both times that the pump was not putting out the volume the engine needed and I caught them both before they actually died .:D

Nice!!

I'm in SW AZ and removed the choke completely on my GTX. Couple pumps and she will fire right over. About 10 seconds of feathering and it idles on its own.

Same here, I still have a mech pump but the Street Demon carb with the 'plastic' body helps keep the fuel from evaporating after driving. I give it a ~2 second crank sometimes to get the oil flowing, pump the pedal a couple times and it fires off immediately. A fresh well-tuned carb and proper ignition advance make all the difference in the world.

Nice! Gotta love it! Sounds good and kinda mellow too. Which mufflers do you have?

Lets hear it from the back. You know how deaf I am. I wanna hear the cam I picked out. lol

When I built this motor I blocked off the mechanical pump opening because I knew I wasn't going mechanical.
Downside is I have had to replace the pump twice so far, but fortunately my AF gauge warned me both times that the pump was not putting out the volume the engine needed and I caught them both before they actually died .:D
Bring me up to speed. What's your basic build?

Bring me up to speed. What's your basic build?

Stock bottom 96 5.9 with 96k miles.
EQ CH318B heads w/1.92 intake valves.
Hughes 1110 springs and the better clearance retainers.
Oregon Cams roller 214/224 - .512 lift with stock stamped rockers.
Edelbrock dual plane and Edelbrock 1406 electric choke (600cfm)
1 and 5/8 Headman long tubes, 3" collectors into 2.5 crossed through each other and exiting in front of the tire on each side.

42RH trans with TF2 kit and "first at any speed" option hydraulic/electric fully automatic shifting of OD and lockup with manual bypass for each.

Every bit of it built by me including the exhaust.

MagnumswapLA.jpg

A500OD.jpg

ShifterArt.jpg

Funny this thread pops up... Was just thinking about video the startup of my own car too today.
It stayed with thinking about it :D

Well done on your car! Looks clean.
What’s with the 4&5 buttons by shifter?
Wanting an OD for fun around town and also able to go distances. Was it an reasonable easy swap?

Well done on your car! Looks clean.
What’s with the 4&5 buttons by shifter?
Wanting an OD for fun around town and also able to go distances. Was it an reasonable easy swap?

I'm guessing one is for overdrive, the other is for converter lockup?

Trail my Duster sounds just like yours. I have Flowmaster 40 series Delta flow mufflers on mine. They sound so good!

-
Back