I hit another deer

-

PostalBGraham

Reaction score
Yesterday morning on the way to work a nice buck darted out in front of me. I was able to hit the brakes, but still nailed him pretty good. The estimate is over $3,000.00. At least it wasn't the Barracuda again. That's two deer in less than a week! I'm ready to give up owning nice cars. I'll just pick up a piece of junk Scabaru and starting aiming for the stupid deer!

JeepDamage (Small).jpg

#-oI here ya man !!
The dear are moving every where hear too.
I have seen two dead dear here close to home
on the side of the road.
And have seen them crossing the road and standing in fields.
for the last two week heavy!! :-k
There is allot of pin tree's getting cleared out just over the hill.
Glad you was not in the Barracuda.

Looks like I might tag out this year hear at home:toothy7:

You know you'll never see another deer when you are driving that Subaru.....

How about a Dodge Power Wagon with a big push bar on the front :thumbup:

This is one of the tow trucks my son has, the push bar has to weigh over 300pounds, you could hit a bus with that thing and have no damage :lol:

DSC00580.jpg

DSC00580.jpg

DSC00580.jpg

Damn, thats a pisser. I really dont miss living in NW PA. I've been is South Carolina for 9 years and can count on one hand how many deer I've seen on the side of the road.

I drove through a deer this morning when I was on I-90 W just outside of Missoula, MT. I was heading back to Seattle and there was nowhere to swerve to miss it so I just plowed right through what was left of it (it had been hit earlyer). I was in a 26,000 lb 2007 Internatonal doing about 72 mph. I had to hose the frontend down before I got back to the shop.

I drove through a deer this morning when I was on I-90 W just outside of Missoula, MT. I was heading back to Seattle and there was nowhere to swerve to miss it so I just plowed right through what was left of it (it had been hit earlyer). I was in a 26,000 lb 2007 Internatonal doing about 72 mph. I had to hose the frontend down before I got back to the shop.

NASTY!!!

Instant venison burger!!:violent1:

Smart move on your part 360scamp:thumbup:

I had an S-10 once that was a deer magnet! I hit a deer twice in that truck and a third came running out of a corn field when the farmers were harvesting and hit me in the side (A hit and Run)! Even the Hunters who we know are full of Sh#t dont believe me on that story.
the first time I hit two at once... the buck rolled over my hood and left antler marks in the paint, got up and ran off like nothing happen... the other was not so lucky!
Some people and some cars just have that luck sometimes! I would buy a Shot gun if I were you LOL!

I could sit here and type for hours about deer collision stories I have. I have hit too many of them to count, but at this time of year, they are running like crazy around here and I live smack in the middle of deer heaven. One thing that I have learned is that you NEVER, EVER swerve to avoid an animal in the road. You are much better off hitting it than swerving and going off the road or into another car or a tree or telephone pole!

I think the best story I have though is from when I had an 84 Caddy Sedan DeVille, I was on my way to work and decided to take the back way instead of the expressway. This was not a good choice. So Im driving and about 300 feet ahead I see 2 deer run across the road into a field from behind a few pines, I slowed down and after a few seconds, didnt see anymore deer, so I started speeding back up. Right about the time I hit 50 another deer ran out and I had no time to even get my foot off the gas. I barely even felt anything but saw a big cloud of hair fly up and the hood ornament bounced off of the center of the windshield. I looked in my mirrors, but no deer was laying there. I figured I may have just clipped him and he ran off, so I pulled over to check what the damage was. I got out of the car and walked to the front and looked and lo and behold, there was the deer, a small doe, stuck in the grill opening of the Caddy! I kicked the front bumper and the deer fell out. I was so mad that I just backed up and continued on my way to work. Luckily I was able to go to the local junk yard and get away with buying a fiberglass front clip and 4 new headlights. It cost me about $175, but I still laugh whenever I think about that deer shoved into that grill opening and the hoof mark in the radiator. :laughing:

I saw a Grand Cherokee today, same year and color as mine. He had a nice heavy steel cage in front. I will get that for my next vehicle. I'll mount big spikes on it so when I hit a deer, hopefully I'll impale it and get some venison! Both of these last two deer kept going after I hit them.

a third came running out of a corn field when the farmers were harvesting and hit me in the side (A hit and Run)! Even the Hunters who we know are full of Sh#t don't believe me on that story.

I believe it! About 10 years ago I had a buck run across the road at night right in our small town when the wife and I were in our 69 Charger (my daily driver). His shoulder got the driver's fender (put a big dent in just ahead of the door), flung him around where he proceeded to put a big dent into the quarter just behind the door. He kept on going like nothing had happened. Damn, was I mad!

hiting a deer sucks it's amazing how much damage that they cause and they still get up and walk away.

a friend of mine was driving to school one morrning when the passanger side window exploded as a deer ran into the side of her car. the dent on the door started about half way up the door.

one more though it was a close miss i was riding home on my bicycle from work at about midnight from the airport. i hadn't tured on my front light yet and heard a noise, i stopped tured on my light and about 3' in front of me was a deer. now hitting one in a car is one thing but i'm not sure if i want to hit one well peddling me bike.

When I was 16 my dad had a 56 Mercury pannel truck with the usual 350/350 camaro subframe. We were driving down the road about 30 mph and this huge black lab runs across the road, bounces off the right front fender and lands in the other lane. My dad jumped out too see if the dog was ok (thats what he says but he was more worried about the truck) the dog gets up growels at my dad and then runs off like it never happened.
He had to replace the lower vallance, pass side fender, and the custom grill. Thats how hard the dog hit!

-
Back