I just want to know...

-

Moparman143

Donny
Reaction score
i just want to know if anyone out there can tell me if it would probably cost less to have a rear end shortened to fit my vehicle or buy/swap for the correct body style rear... i have my first car, a 1970 plymouth duster drag car, and it has the 8 3/4 rear from a b body... so it's naturally too wide. any help? anyone wanna trade for an a body 8 3/4? lol, thanks for your help and input

my 71 demon has/had a B body rear in it...they had 15 x 10 rims with 6.5 BS..

The car had 10.5 x 28 x 15 slicks...but they were really close to the other lip of the car..
plus the springs were moved in board.

so i had that rear end narrow by 2 inchs...

If you have a B body rearend the cheapest way to go is to move the spring perches in (I think don't quote me on this) about 1/2" to 1" and just get the correct backspaces wheels and that's it.

If you have a B body rearend the cheapest way to go is to move the spring perches in (I think don't quote me on this) about 1/2" to 1" and just get the correct backspaces wheels and that's it.
Depends on the B-body rear I think. There are several different length ones. One is close enough to where that will work.

my 71 demon has/had a B body rear in it...they had 15 x 10 rims with 6.5 BS..

The car had 10.5 x 28 x 15 slicks...but they were really close to the other lip of the car..
plus the springs were moved in board.

so i had that rear end narrow by 2 inchs...

Now was that with stock wheel wells? or do i have to mini tub? i'm looking to put on some Wheel Vintiques 63 series o.e.m. chrysler wheels that are 15x10 in the rear with a 5.5 BS...

-
Back