I know I'm going to open a can of worms but...

-

66plyValiant

Reaction score
Does F/M/J spindles on an A body cause bumpsteer? I don't want out of book anwsers, I want someone with experience in driving a car that they have done the swap on. I have numberous F body cars around and would like to put the disc brakes on an early A body, will they fit where my 9" drum spindles were?

Rob (crackedback) also has experience with this. I have a set of 88 Fury spindles and brakes going on my 63 dart. Ain't skeered at all.

yep git with rob......crackedback...he knows whats goin on and i have used that stuff with no problems also..i think it actually lowers the amount of bumpsteer

yep git with rob......crackedback...he knows whats goin on and i have used that stuff with no problems also..i think it actually lowers the amount of bumpsteer

okay, but going with a F body spindle do I need the big ball joint spindles, I currently have 9" drum brakes, I have heard other members meation using ball joint sleeves? would sleeves be unsafe?

You will need the big ball joint upper control arms or use the SBJ to BBJ sleeves that Dr. Diff sells, about $50. The sleeves work fine. I'd go that way if you recently did the front end with fresh ball joints.

You will need the big ball joint upper control arms or use the SBJ to BBJ sleeves that Dr. Diff sells, about $50. The sleeves work fine. I'd go that way if you recently did the front end with fresh ball joints.

not too recently the ball joints were done, but it only has 5000 miles and maybe 6 years on them:)

-
Back