I know, it's a Ford, but

-
As long as it's all there, complete with the flathead and shows no signs of major rust issues, I don't think the askin' price is out of line if you're looking to build an all steel body rod. But, then again, I live in an area that cars like this just don't exist.

For me, though, the willingness to part with the cash would mean the flathead is still in place so I could rod that, too. Modern OHV's need apply.

Jack, Jack, Jack! Did you get to much sun over the weekend? Actually that is a nice looking car for a FORD. LOL

Jack, Jack, Jack! Did you get to much sun over the weekend? Actually that is a nice looking car for a FORD. LOL

Way to much sun John. LOL

My wife is the one that wants it. She has an old photo of her father, ( deceased long ago), with his 35 or 36 Ford 5 window coupe. If I do buy it for her it will be getting a Hemi. Just to pi$$ off the sbc guys. hehehe

Jack

Jack,

Be careful with the '37, as it was a one year body. Most parts from a '36 and earlier, and '38 and later WILL NOT interchange. (ie; Rear fenders) I know this because an old friend wanted to put his '37 back on the street and went through 3 sets of 'glas rear fenders before he found a set that would work correctly.

According to the Gas Monkey, they are rare and much sought after...

I think it looks cool .. good on your wife..

I hate to be the one to throw water on this, and I know nothing about what that asking price "is" but seems to me this car is way too nice and original to turn into rod.

Personally, just from watching my uncle go through one of these to try to restore, I wouldn't give more than $3500 to $4000, but that's just me. Could explain why I don't own one. It's a great looking car, but as someone mentioned, you're looking at a lot of one year only parts, which is going to put those parts that you DO need at a premium. Since the picture your wife is referring to shows her father in front of a 35 or a 36, why not try to find one of those? You would have a much larger selection of parts. But, that's just my $.02. If you want to pull the trigger on this one, by all means go for it and good luck to you! In the end, it is ultimately going to be yours and your wife's decision, and nobody else's.

65 L.A.,made the common sense post.(and I agree.). Considering,you threw a 6-71 huffer mill in the a body,you did well.I like the year ,and condition. I would road trip,on a one year only model. Take the lady along,explain....

Wow! I thought it was a 40 Willy'es. me like :eek:ccasion:

The wife is humming and hawwing on it. She thinks it's to much money for it. I will call him soon and see what is happening with it.

Jack

Glad I am in Az. where prices are not that high.

If you see a '36-'40 Ford (or Dodge or Plymouth) in this kind of shape for under $8k in AZ, *please* send me the link.

I've seen rattier stuff close to home at about $12k (and Plymouths, not Fords, which tend to go for more money)

-
Back