I love Monsoon season

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
100+ degrees and a half hour later it's 30 degrees cooler, cloudy with thunder and lightning.
Then it can clear off 15 min later and no dust and cooler.
It can be sunny and clear right over your house and raining or even hailing at the end of the block.
We have a saying that it can rain at your neighbors house but not at yours. :D
It's true too.

Right from my back deck I was watching three separate storms with rain, thunder and lightning in three different directions but sunny and 80 right here.

100+ degrees and a half hour later it's 30 degrees cooler, cloudy with thunder and lightning.
It can be sunny and clear right over your house and raining or even hailing at the end of the block.
It's true too.

Right from my back deck I was watching three separate storms with rain, thunder and lightning in three different directions but sunny and 80 right here.
it just did that here, sun`s back out now , back to the mid 90`s. course that`s better than the 100`s it was for a couple days

Love it in eastern CO as well. Over last 25 years July and August have been on average the wettest months in my rain gauge, mostly due to the monsoon flow.
Yote

We get the nasty clouds over the mountains with lightning strikes but just a small sprinkle. Not in a hurry to see flooding but would be nice to get an evening shower.

It's true too.

I love Monsoon season - oh do ya now - - why - is it the only time of the year when you can really get a good shower in? :poke:

I recently bought a house in Kingman and I love the weather there.
I bought it last December to use as a weekend place until I retire, but my wife took 1 look and moved right in.
I only get out there a couple of times a month, but I've moved up my retirement date.

I love Monsoon season - oh do ya now - - why - is it the only time of the year when you can really get a good shower in? :poke:

It's the only time I can spin tires. :D

I recently bought a house in Kingman and I love the weather there.
I bought it last December to use as a weekend place until I retire, but my wife took 1 look and moved right in.
I only get out there a couple of times a month, but I've moved up my retirement date.

My Brother lives there, because his job requires it.
He says the only real problem he has with it is the wind blows a lot and that he doesn't know anybody there.
That's probably for the best though, because you have to have a sense of humor even if the humor comes at your own expense with him. LOL
Last week a guy that he met through the job went golfing with him, and when he couldn't do worth a crap the guy got all pissy and whiney about it and insisted on not getting in the cart but to ride on the running board.
When they got close to his ball my Brother hooked the cart to the left and nailed the brakes literally throwing the guy at his ball in a Superman style, heels in the air flight path and he landed flat on his chest and skidded to a stop.

Funny, right? LOL

He's a good sport when his turn comes though and funny as hell sometimes.

I wouldn't mind having a summer place up in the high country of Arizona but property cost's prohibit it. This heat down here is driving me nuts.

Dry heat ,right? Add a little humidity. Although it is relatively low humidity here (20%) normally. If it gets to 60% and 100' its stifling. When I visited AZ years ago , after2-3 days I could be accustomed to the dry heat. Visited my daughter in Houston in January, it was 75' high humidity, and I couldn't hardly breathe.
Yote

Reminds me of the time I was at Ft Carson during the summer. Every day at 3pm a storm would roll in, with nasty wind and lightning and dump a bunch of rain. Lasted for about half an hour then it was gone.

It's the only time I can spin tires. :D

My Brother lives there, because his job requires it.
He says the only real problem he has with it is the wind blows a lot and that he doesn't know anybody there.
That's probably for the best though, because you have to have a sense of humor even if the humor comes at your own expense with him. LOL
Last week a guy that he met through the job went golfing with him, and when he couldn't do worth a crap the guy got all pissy and whiney about it and insisted on not getting in the cart but to ride on the running board.
When they got close to his ball my Brother hooked the cart to the left and nailed the brakes literally throwing the guy at his ball in a Superman style, heels in the air flight path and he landed flat on his chest and skidded to a stop.

Funny, right? LOL

He's a good sport when his turn comes though and funny as hell sometimes.
I think I might like your brother.

When I lived in Mesa I used to go out into the Superstitions with my Ranger....find a spot with a good view and sit back and watch the light show. I worked from noon to midnight so I didn't get to see many storms. But got to deal with the aftermath. Used to be 20" deep puddles at the gates to the USPS. Can remember riding thru one on the chopper. Water was above my knees...can remember looking down and seeing the choppers exhaust blowing bubbles...

We need some of that down here in the Valley..Haven't had any measurable rain here in Sun City West in almost a month.

Need it here in Upstate NY, too. We're in a drought. We're inches of rain in the hole. I refuse to mow my lawn, even though the weeds are getting tall. The grass hasn't grown but maybe half an inch since I cut it two months ago.

We need some of that down here in the Valley..Haven't had any measurable rain here in Sun City West in almost a month.
We lived in Mesa when that record dry spell hit, was something like 150 days with 0 rainfall...talk about depressing....

-
Back