I,m cheap

-

daredevil

Reaction score
I drive a 96 v6 s-10 for work and average 200 miles a day. Its a beater but purrs like a kitten. Its got 240,000 miles on it. Rear springs sag so bad that when I hit a dip I feel the bump stops hit or shocks bottom out. I have a set of b body springs that I know wont work because the segments arent even front and rear. I,m wondering if I took them apart and added the bottom short peices to my s10 springs if it would cause any problems other than being stiff. Trucks not worth spending a lot of money on.What do you think?

I use to do that with Dodge trucks. I would ad one or two off another set with no problem.

Used to do it ,all the time. Sure beats,spending money.Hell , whatever gets the job done.

Absolutely, as long as they are the same width (or the S-10 springs are wider). You could also add some coil over springs (I've run these on A-bodies because they are cheap (about $30 at the parts store) and easy to install. My son's Dart still has a sset and I've got a set that I ran on my Barracuda before I tore it apart.

-
Back