I may have found it....

-
Anybody who converts over to Mopar is alright in my book, especially an A-body. The popular pecking order seems to go something like:

1) Chevrolet
2) Ford
3) Mopar B&E`s
4) Mopar A`s
5) AMC

Welcome to the Mopar madness Lady Luck. You`ll find a whole heap a help here from a bunch of good guys.

ramcharger: My pooch "Kiev" is purebred Malamute. Yes I like dogs.

Current Chassis = none. Destroyed.

Now what do you want to know? There is alot I can write about it, but the ultimate info comes from my old mans head. He is the chassis builder. Mistakes ? Where the heck would I start ? I mean theres thousands. ?????

When or If I land a A-body the whole build will be posted on here. All of it with info boards as well on the build.

Recipe for the BBC was already listed on my other thread in the racers forum for a 9 sec car. The thing is as with anything ya cook up~ there are always secret recipes ;)

Longgone : Thanks !

~LL~

ramcharger: My pooch "Kiev" is purebred Malamute. Yes I like dogs.

Cool. Long ago (when I was like 12) a friend had three Malamutes. His Dad used to let them downstairs if we didn't get up early enough after a sleep-over. Nothing like 250 lbs of dogs jumping on ya to start the day, lol!

Current Chassis = none. Destroyed.

OK, so how'd that happen? Sheesh, this is like pulling teeth, lol!

Now what do you want to know? There is alot I can write about it, but the ultimate info comes from my old mans head. He is the chassis builder. Mistakes ? Where the heck would I start ? I mean theres thousands. ?????

Well, how about what style of chassis for say a 10 to 10.5 second car. I know of one person here and one person in person who run SS springs, CalTracks and frame connectors. They launch hard and straight and the one is quite succesful and just won the ET class here at Bandimere.

Have you run ladderbar suspensions? Backhalve with a three link? Four link? I would like a compare and contrast to all these styles of suspensions on 8, 9 and 10 second cars and I want to see it by Saturday night. :) lol! :read2:

When or If I land a A-body the whole build will be posted on here. All of it with info boards as well on the build.

Cool, looking forward to it. What would you consider your specialty to be? Engine, chassis, electrical or driveline?

Recipe for the BBC was already listed on my other thread in the racers forum for a 9 sec car. The thing is as with anything ya cook up~ there are always secret recipes ;)

Not interested in GM power but i have nothing against 'em. On a HP per dollar comparison, they can't be beat. Be prepared to spend some coin on your Mopar engine build. Everything is more expensive from crank to distributor.

Good luck on your A-body search and welcome to the best A-body forum anywhere. :cheers:

Lady Luck, does it have to be a Dodge? How about a Barracuda like this one ?
shruggy.gif

that car was also on ebay for a little while. can't remember the price, but it was fairly cheap i think. i may be a little impartial, but i'd say build a cuda.

Wow Ramcharger, lots of questions.

I will answer the simple ones and get back with ya on the others soon.

1. Yes chassis I had in the Camaro had a boo boo on a hard launch and found the barrier wall ending up in a rollover twice. Bent all to hell.

2. I run mostly 4 link with custom rear housings.

3. Specialty is assembly and mechanics.

Will get back with ya on the rest.

~LL~

Love your humor and assertive responses.... The car is nice but.... If you are gonna paint and back half it anyway I think you are better served to pick up a beater and save the $$ for parts you want.

Belden

Wow Ramcharger, lots of questions.

I will answer the simple ones and get back with ya on the others soon.

1. Yes chassis I had in the Camaro had a boo boo on a hard launch and found the barrier wall ending up in a rollover twice. Bent all to hell.

2. I run mostly 4 link with custom rear housings.

3. Specialty is assembly and mechanics.

Will get back with ya on the rest.

~LL~

1. Sorry to hear. :sad7: No one likes an accident at the strip.

2. Does your Dad fab up the housings or do you buy them pre-made?

3. Cool! Good to have another female hot rodder here. :cheers:

-
Back