I need a 8 3/4 out of a b body . please help !!!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

moparderek

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have a 1972 duster with a rebuilt 4 10 gear in a 8 1/4 rear. Its all new and nice but i just put a 416 ......3500 stall in the car. I have 8" ralleys with streetslicks that rub the leaf springs. I dont really need the center chunk....we plan on doing the biggest burnouts in Heath ,Ohio for the mopar nats. I am in Buffao, New York and can use the help. Thanks

If the slicks are running the leaf springs why don't you either use some 3/4 offset shackles or just do a 3" leaf spring relocation kit... Would be faster and cheaper. Unless you don't think your 8.25 wil hold up to the motor.

I bought the 8" wheels and the slicks new never used yet. I want the 8 3/4 so I can use 3 55 gears and also try 4 88 gears. I tryed all kinds of spacers. I never played with anything other than the 8 3/4 . my set up would work if I could put on the long drag studs I have......this rear end (8 1/4) is all new and the brakes are all new and I dont want to take it a part.

If the slicks are running the leaf springs why don't you either use some 3/4 offset shackles or just do a 3" leaf spring relocation kit... Would be faster and cheaper. Unless you don't think your 8.25 wil hold up to the motor.
I have a 3" kit here at the house but the car is done I don t want to add any heat to the car..........

I'll see what I can dig up for you. You aren't that far away from me. Any certain year B Body that you'rte looking for or any B Body axle will work? And, does it need to be complete or just housing?

I have an 8 3/4 housing and Moser axles from a 66 Belvidere. It was an old drag car and has a second pair of spring perches that are welded on to work with the 3" spring relocation kit. The Moser axles have the green bearings and 3" studs and are the 35 spline design so you would need to use a spool with them. I also plan to clean and paint the housing but hadn't had a chance lately.

I'll be in Rochester in a couple of weeks and can bring the parts with me.

Ken
Edison, NJ

Attachments

• DSCN1839.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 434
  • DSCN1840.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 419
  • DSCN1842.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 414
I drive truck 5 days a week............In Rochester....let me know....I will be going to OH for the nats....Thank you ...if you send me your phone number I can call you when it s good....or my phone is always on

I'll see what I can dig up for you. You aren't that far away from me. Any certain year B Body that you'rte looking for or any B Body axle will work? And, does it need to be complete or just housing?
man you are very close to me.....I have the pumkins...I would need whatever you have ....I have lots of parts and I am new on here....are you going to the big car show on Sunday ?????

hi moparderek,what length do you need?i have one that was under a 73 duster.i know im far,but grew up in cheektowaga,kind of helping a homeguy out,mark

The one in Marilla? Yes, I'll be there early on . Then going to Toby Keith concert At Darien Lake tomorrow night., we go every year.
It will be our first time going .....we will be there at 7:30 am ....1972 petty blue Twister. It looks like a 340 stocker ......but it is a 416 sleeper hope to meet you there. That is the car I want the rearend for.

I have an 8 3/4 housing and Moser axles from a 66 Belvidere. It was an old drag car and has a second pair of spring perches that are welded on to work with the 3" spring relocation kit. The Moser axles have the green bearings and 3" studs and are the 35 spline design so you would need to use a spool with them. I also plan to clean and paint the housing but hadn't had a chance lately.

I'll be in Rochester in a couple of weeks and can bring the parts with me.

Ken
Edison, NJ
I like it .....if I can not find one local I can have that one shipped to me . I would like to try to get it in before you come to NY. I need to see what you want for it and how much shipping will be...thank you Derek from buffalo

hi moparderek,what length do you need?i have one that was under a 73 duster.i know im far,but grew up in cheektowaga,kind of helping a homeguy out,mark
Hello there I was a Cheektovagas kid well over 20 years ago. spent most of my life there....If i found a cheep 8 3/4 abody complete I could go with offset hangers. I just thought it would be cheeper going with a b body . I need room for some 275 60 15 on a 1972 Duster

moparderek said:
man you are very close to me.....I have the pumkins...I would need whatever you have ....I have lots of parts and I am new on here....are you going to the big car show on Sunday ?????

View attachment ForumRunner_20120728_191832.jpg

View attachment ForumRunner_20120728_191914.jpg

View attachment ForumRunner_20120728_192227.jpg

View attachment ForumRunner_20120728_192423.jpg
The last two pictures were with 1 1/4" wheel adapters so if I went with a b body rear end I think it will be an 3/4" on each side...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120728_192034.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 398
I have one here from a 70 GTX and can ship it to you from PA to NY no problem PM me if interested

I have an 8 3/4 from a 65 Belvedere that I was going to put under my 65 Barracuda just to get the large bolt pattern. I don't need it, as I could use a 8 1/4 rear. I am near Allentown, PA. $150 is what I w as thinking. It still has a gearset in it and brakes on it as it came off the car.

mc-g said:
hey moparderek, You wanna sell that 8 1/4?

pm me

Yes ....it is a fresh rebuilt rear end with new brakes. . It is in the car and I need to have the new rear end here ....we use the every day. I am not sure what to ask....so I will pm my phone number to you...thanks Derek

I have a complete 8 3/4 from a 67 belvedere. Has drums and a 741 center and never been apart. I can deliver it to you at the nats. Want $200 for it. If interested pm me. thanks, Jamey

Thanks for all the help...I am not sure what way I am going to go.... I know I need to get some other tires on the back of this car for the nats !!!!I can not be smoking the good years...

It is a complete really built ....1600 miles....if that. Big bolt...Noreen brakes. Not sure what it I'd worth

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back