i need a 8 3/4 thrust spacer

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Duh!! I remember what you mean now. Don't know what I was thinking. Like Daredevil, I have one for a cone type sure-grip which is what's usually in a 489 case.

what i have is a 657 case has anyone heard of it? i was told it was a early 60s . i had a 489 323 and i replaced it with this 410 657 case and did not realize that there was no thrust washer now i cant get axle adj. what type of posi is this unit?

I think the "657" was just an early version(first 8 3/4?) of the "741". It was a small pinion like the "741". I think they were made until 1964. Someone with an early "A" may be able to tell you more.

do i have to disassemble anything on the center chunk to install a new block?

what i have is a 657 case has anyone heard of it? i was told it was a early 60s . i had a 489 323 and i replaced it with this 410 657 case and did not realize that there was no thrust washer now i cant get axle adj. what type of posi is this unit?

Yes the 657 is the earlier version of the 741, they're identical. As far as which type of """"SURE GRIP"""" is in the unit, how about you tell us cuss it could be either cone of clutch. If it is a clutch type there are 2 thrust spacers that can installed without disassembling the entire diff case.

http://www.moparts.org/Tech/Archive/axle/13.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back