I need a deeper fan shroud

-

MileHighDart

Reaction score
With my 5.9 magnum, the fan is further away from the radiator that with the old 318.

Basically I need to find a shroud that's a couple inches deeper so the fan will be inside the shroud. Or I guess 3/4 of the fan inside the shroud seems to me optimal, from what i've read.

Headed for the pick and pull to try and match something up to fit my Champion 22" radiator.

Anyone had luck finding a deeper shroud from another make/model of car or truck that would be about right?

Thanks

Or a "spacer" between the radiator and shroud to bump it out what you need...

Or a "spacer" between the radiator and shroud to bump it out what you need...

Well the problem is I need about 2" deeper that my stock abody shroud. Could probably find a way to space it out, might look a little funny, but may have to try that.
Didn't have any luck at the pick and pull today. So many cars today have electric fans, and the cars that have mechanical fans are really picked over at this yard, or the shrouds have the opening offset to one side a bit.

i had the same problem with my magnum swap. i used a clutch fan from an 09 ram with a 4.7. about 1 1/2 inches longer than the ram fan. it put mine into the shroud half way. dave.

i had the same problem with my magnum swap. i used a clutch fan from an 09 ram with a 4.7. about 1 1/2 inches longer than the ram fan. it put mine into the shroud half way. dave.
2/3 IN IS ABOUT 1/3 TOO FAR.

-
Back