I need a new clutch

-

abodyfan

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I need a new clutch in my Demon it a 340 4-speed 833. It has a 10.5in. three fingure that was built by a local clutch company. I put this one in about 3 years ago after some linkage issues ruined that clutch before. The first one worked perfect good strong pedal feel. This clutch from day one has felt lighter and won't grip under hard acceleration from the 1-2 shift. We think they put the wrong springs in the the pressure plate. It wasn't noticeable until last year when I started running it down the strip. My question is what is the best clutch for my application. Thanks for any help.

My question is what is the best clutch for my application
Boy with that question you could get as many different answers as there are members here. Here is a formula to figure it out. Add the sum of " what can you afford " divided by " how often/ hard do you run it " equals " do you get a full race clutch or buy a stock replacement and have your local guys rework it again " . I use my local guys and have them re work the pressure plate with heavier springs and heavier rollers/counter weights then shave the plate down as much as is safe. With clutch discs you are just at the mercy of the local parts houses brand selection.

NOTE: I have used Zoom- Hayes and Ram and in my opinion they aren't any better than the generic brands - Here of late I been using Precision and Spec brands and they both last me 2 + years . (i don't expect more than that the way I treat them)

I put the CenterForce Dual-friction clutch in my 340 4 speed car.I should,ve done this earlier,its a heck of alot easier to push in with my bad left knee.LOL.Works real good launching also!

I put the CenterForce Dual-friction clutch in my 340 4 speed car.I should,ve done this earlier,its a heck of alot easier to push in with my bad left knee.LOL.Works real good launching also!

I second this, almost as easy as a hydraulic

McLeod. My builder stands behind them, I have one in my Dart. They can build you a clutch. They are no longer owned by B&M so they will actually work with you.

I used a hays street strip three finger stiff pedel behind my 475hp 360 with no problem cost
about $345 from summit

I ended up using a custom built kevlar disc with a built three finge pressure plate. The company also expanded the disc size by .4 of an inch.

-
Back