I need a trunk mat !

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I can not find a trunk mat for Victoria "66 Valiant Sedan" All I can find is 63 64 65 66 dodge dart trunk mats :angry7: Or is the dart and valiant mat in the early A the same ?
Can anyone steer me in the right direction for a new trunk floor mat.
Thank you for your time on this, It's in my budget this month to get a new one :cheers:

Memike,

I don't know if it will fit, or if you'd want it, but I ordered a new trunk mat for my '72 Valiant sedan a couple of years ago and as you can see from this picture, I'll never need it.

The box is still unopened.

You can have it if you want it.

If you do want it, email me a shipping address at Billdedman@hotmail.com, and I'll send it to you today. But gotta hurry... it's 4 o'clock, now...

100_2847.jpg

Sorry. I tried looking in all the "usual" places I find stuff...JC Whitney, Year One, etc. The only thing I could find was for 66 Dart. I think they may be the same though. Maybe someone else knows for certain.

Would be my opinion that Dart / Valiant are the same...fwiw...I'd tell you to buy it and if it didn't work I'd buy it from you, but I can only do that if it says it will fit a convertible...

Sorry. I tried looking in all the "usual" places I find stuff...JC Whitney, Year One, etc. The only thing I could find was for 66 Dart. I think they may be the same though. Maybe someone else knows for certain.
Thank you MoparGirl :happy10: You are a trooper :cheers:

Would be my opinion that Dart / Valiant are the same...fwiw...I'd tell you to buy it and if it didn't work I'd buy it from you, but I can only do that if it says it will fit a convertible...
I would think the Dart's are the same as my Valiant to but was not sure.
It's time for me to go meet Bill Dedman :cheers: Thank yall for your time today.

Legendary has a trunk mat listed in their catalog for your Valiant Mike.

Part # TM63CV says it fits 63-66 Valiant

I will look and see if the part numbers are the same as the darts :happy10:
You are a gem :cheers:Thank you again 6pk2goDemon

The mat for a 2-door sedan may be different from a hardtop's... or, not. I dunno... Would bear checking out, tho....:read2:

The mat for a 2-door sedan may be different from a hardtop's... or, not. I dunno... Would bear checking out, tho....:read2:

I can't imagine why they would be different. I too am/was looking for a Valiant trunk mat, thank you 6pk2goDemon for posting that P/N.

I'll have to check to make sure that is a rubber mat, I bought one of the vinyl reproductions once for my Coronet and all it did was slide around the trunk.

Here is what the catalog says about their trunk mats....

"Original style rubber trunk mats die-cut to factory specifications to assure a correct fit."

"Useless" said, "I can't imagine why they would be different."

Well, they're probably not, but the hardtop uses a shorter top than a 2-door sedan does, and this pushed the rear seat in its entirity (inlcuding the seat back,) forward a few inches, which makes for more trunk-floor area in front of the axle-housing kick-up. That area of floor is longer on a hardtop than a sedan, because of the seat-back being farther forward on the hardtop.

They may, or may not take that into consideration when die-cuttting these aftermarket trunk mats, but I'd bet the OEM mats were different.

Then again, maybe they weren't.... I just don't know.:profilel:

I am going with Bill Dedman's:cheers: and spend the money this month on a complete gasket set to get my intake and exhaust on =P~ Thank you Bill:happy10::happy10::happy10::cheers:

Well, you haven't seen it yet, Memike... The box was never opened, but who knows what's inside...

Guess we'll find out on Sat...

See you then!:clock:

Vic, if you mean me, I ordered this mat from Year One in about 2005...

It's still in the original box (never have opened it), so I don't have any pics yet, sorry.

Memike and Small Block wil be here Sat. We'll look it over then.

Congrats on finding one here on FABO memike.......8)

Congrats on finding one here on FABO memike.......8)
Thank you 6pk 8) I hope that it is ok to call you that it's just so cool :happy10:
I put the 71 Valiant mat in and it is different but know I don't lose stuff under the spare tire :cheers:
Thank you Bill :-D there was a new cat. and receipt in there for $42.??.
I am going to use it for a couple years while I work on here.

And the good new's is I got my truck back and I can park here in her nest and start my Four Barrel and dual exhaust change over :cheers:

Bill Dedman trip 068.jpg

Bill Dedman trip 069.jpg

Bill Dedman trip 072.jpg

Bill Dedman trip 073.jpg

Well, I am glad it worked out for you, MeMike! You saved it from the landfill, by just a whisker!!! LOL!

For ONCE IN MY LIFE, my procrastinating nature paid off!!!:cheers:

Well, I am glad it worked out for you, MeMike! You saved it from the landfill, by just a whisker!!! LOL!

For ONCE IN MY LIFE, my procrastinating nature paid off!!!:cheers:
Thank you Bill, I just did some trimming around the bumper jack and slid it in :cheers:

Looks great Memike, fits great and looks good! Victoria is looking better every day bud.
Thank you Tony :-D

It's different but not nearly as different as I would've thought. Good to know, looks good Mike :thumbrig:
It is the same width and length it just has a different shape back by the tail lights and latch, No more taking the tire cover off to find something that slid under it. :cheers:

-
Back