I need a very very Big favor

-

waggin

moving on ain't easy if you drive a Ford :p
Reaction score
My Best Friend Lisa Has Cancer, She asked me to do her a very big favor.She asked me to give her a Little hand with a fundraiser for someone else, a Little girl that is in very bad shape, I know times are tuff for some of us and I'm not asking for anything in specific, to help could mean just sharing on facebook or donating or just a prayer for Lisa and this little girl Kelly, Lisa's Dad has put together a few different events to help this Little girl including selling his Harley Davidson and donated the money to the cause, I donated a few items to be auctioned off also, I don't ask for help from anybody to often but it would mean the world to me if Ya'll would lend a hand here is a link that hopefully works. if You want to donate anonymously maybe just put fabo/sunshine which is what I always call Lisa http://www.gofundme.com/j00gfg/shar...1&fb_action_types=og.shares&fb_ref=15_fb_p2_p It was less than one year ago that Kelly Jones (14) was a healthy, strong cheerleader competing with her squad at the Pop Warner Nationals in Orlando at ESPN's Wide World of Sports. All 2013 fall season Kelly battled migraines that were becoming more frequent and more intense than they had been throughout the previous two years. These migraines ended up being one of the key indicators that led to one of Kelly’s two rare chronic diagnoses, Intracranial Hypertension (aka pseudo tumor cerebri). Kelly’s migraines were being caused by tremendously high levels of cerebral spinal fluid pushing down on her brain that caused severe pain, created a "whooshing" sound in her ears, increased pressure behind her eyes, and more.

After multiple hospitalizations and spinal taps to receive this diagnosis, Kelly was hopeful things might start looking up with a treatment plan, however, it was then discovered that Kelly's resting heart rate was consistently high at over 120 beats per minute at each doctor visit. Kelly started experiencing black-outs when she would stand-up, and began having to fight chronic, debilitating nausea and severe chest pain on a daily basis. Her heart rate continued to climb, and symptoms continued to worsen, leading doctors to the second diagnosis of Dysautonomia or POTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome), which is a condition that affects the autonomic nervous system.

Today (December 2014), Kelly's heart rate sometimes reaches 175 beats per minute while resting, and jumps an average of 50 beats higher each time she attempts to stand which simultaneously causes her blood pressure to drop. Kelly is currently unable to walk or eat on her own. She receives nutrition solely through NJ tube feedings, and is awaiting the installation of a subcutaneous port for hydration & medication purposes. Her condition has now reached a critical point with her doctors insisting on her admission to a local inpatient facility at Shands Hospital located in Gainesville, FL while she awaits acceptance into a nationally recognized treatment program such as Mayo Clinic, MN or Cleveland Clinic in Ohio. Once at a specialized treatment facility, she will undergo a minimum 3 week program specifically formulated for the treatment of Dysautonomia.

As doctors began reaching diagnosis, and as Kelly’s symptoms have unfolded over the course of the past year, treatments have included alternative medicine such as herbal blends, essential oils, therapeutic acupuncture, pain acceptance conditioning, to intracranial pressure monitoring with a temporary lumbar drain, several spinal taps, countless MRIs & scans, along with thorough cardiac, rheumatic, gastric & neurological work-ups that all included various medications. As Kelly’s physical state has continued to digress, it is clear that Kelly needs the assistance of the best medical teams in the country to help her fight these debilitating diseases. Kelly has not experienced a sustained pain level below an "8" on the pain scale since Jan 25th, 2014.

It is with Kelly’s cheerleading spirit that we are all pulling together to rally on Kelly’s behalf to help her receive the best specialized care available. The way that each of you reading this can help is through the continued positive thoughts, prayers, emotional support to Kelly’s family, and contributions. Contributions will be used to help cover airfare to medical facilities, lodging at the places where it is not provided, meals, household family expenses as Kelly’s mother accompanies her to obtain care (Kelly is one of three children in a single parent household), and all of the many expenses that add up when caring for a chronically ill child. Your consideration is deeply appreciated by the entire family including Kelly (14), her older sister Cassie (15) and her younger sister Julia (12).

Attachments

• CAM00764.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 916
  • DSCF7783.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 911
  • Lisa.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 892
I would be happy to donate to this worthy cause Curtis, if not for one thing! The gofundme process requires the donor to pay with a credit card, something which I don't have and will not use if I had one! Is there another way to donate??

Curtis, perhaps a PayPal account is in order. I'm with Geof on the CC thingy.

It can be sent to my paypal [email protected] as a gift please put your member name on fabo and a not that it is for Lisa's gofund Kelly fundraiser so I don't get it mixed up. I tried to use my paypal and it wouldn't let me, sold my boat Friday so I can use my credit card now :)

Let me also point out -- You can buy Visa gift cards in many places, like Walmart for example. These work just like debit cards except you buy the card for a specific amount.

The card is not linked to a bank account or anything so there is zero chance of fraud.

For those concerned about using credit cards online to buy things, its a good way to go.

that would work Joey, but its more money that doesn't make it to the cause
(not saying it is a bad idea, just that it also has a downside)

still a very good idea Joey, I would rather not have to use my credit card but I will for Lisa's cause if necessary

waggin,
Money is tight in the mudd house hold. I do have a dart 1/18 scale that is 1 of 200 that I would post best offer to a time date. I got about 80 dollars in. I would pay shipping. It has never been opened.
Jim

Attachments

• SAM_0691.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 612
  • SAM_0692.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 588
  • SAM_0693.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 597
  • SAM_0694.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 610
  • SAM_0695.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 601
This hit close to home Curtis, I just seen this for the first time and shared it
A donation will be made this weekend, Prayers sent out for Lisa and her family and friends that are hurting and worrying and caring for her, so sorry to see I missed this, I have not been active but could not pass this thread this day as I am counting my blessings, life just seems to be bad until I see something like this brother..

that will be awesome the auction is open now on this fine die cast, I would say let it run for two weeks?
waggin,
Money is tight in the mudd house hold. I do have a dart 1/18 scale that is 1 of 200 that I would post best offer to a time date. I got about 80 dollars in. I would pay shipping. It has never been opened.
Jim

that will be awesome the auction is open now on this fine die cast, I would say let it run for two weeks?[/QU
Curtis sounds great. If it is ok with you I will let them send you the money and when you give me the ok i will send it. I do have a 70 Go mango one to but I only will sell one. That one is not 1 of 200 The box has been opened. If someone want picks of that one just send me a pm.
Jim

waggin,
Jim

Has you ever look at these diecast they are in great detail. The go mango one I have
I have opened it up so if you want some pictures of it just let me know. Even though money is few and far between I will not let this go for less than $80. I will dig that much up just to keep it. So I guess I start the bid @ $80. Here is couple links to this diecast. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-DODGE-...2007-Mopar-Club-Edition-1of-200-/281562800190
http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/ertl-18-1970-dodge-dart-olive-2007-291278286
Good luck
Jim

Thanks everyone it's getting close to the halfway mark of their goal, I had donated some items for Lisa's Dad rick moore to auction off on the 5th of next month hopefully that will go well God Bless all of Ya'll for your prayers and donations

Just sent very little help to you account brother, Prayers for Lisa and her family and many friends will continue, my hart goes out to her each night.
Thank you for being you my Florida brother.

Kitty and I can offer prayers but that's all we can do right now.

-
Back