I need help from a hardcore ford guy!!

-

PanGasket

has cork sides
Reaction score
Im really trying to figure out what this cluster came from. like 100% positive what it came from. I need to get a wiring diagram for it so I can figure out how to wire it into my truck. I see all these wires hanging around and I have no clue how this cluster works.

Yes, I am putting a Ford cluster in my Dodge, get over it. :finga:. It'll look good and close to factory as my goal is. Also, I got a killer deal on it with a few other gauges. I was told by the seller it was for a '68-'72 Ford truck
8MPdWyq.jpg

RIaUn8W.jpg

aYqc9ip.jpg

Im really trying to figure out what this cluster came from. like 100% positive what it came from. I need to get a wiring diagram for it so I can figure out how to wire it into my truck. I see all these wires hanging around and I have no clue how this cluster works. Yes, I am putting a Ford cluster in my Dodge, get over it. :finga:. It'll look good and close to factory as my goal is. Also, I got a killer deal on it with a few other gauges. I was told by the seller it was for a '68-'72 Ford truck
thats not what was in my sickly8

If you show the panel it might make it easier to identify. duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Try 61-67 Ford Econoline vans. I know I have put some miles in behind a dash like that but it was fitted into a 49 Willys at the time.

I can say this, it is not from a '68-'72 ford truk. they had a long sweeping speedo in them, and the cluster was wide (long) and thin (short).

Picture that shows one taken apart. These look quite a bit like yours but your looks a little updated.

Attachments

• $T2eC16V,!yUFIb7Qvu(1BSOhMsY17!~~60_57.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 314
Could have been out of a early to mid 60's F100 or a slick as we call them.

In fords numbering system, C8 would be 68. D8 would be 78. that would be the first year they made that part, may have been made for several years.

What you have there is from an 68 to late 70's F600. The entire unit can be swaped in place of a stock bumpside dash.

well i'll be willing to bet there is one fused 12v supply to the two prong device (voltage limiter i bet) and out would feed each of the gauges. From there each gauge would ground to its sensor, except for what i am assuming is a charge gauge.

lights and turns ground thru the housing...

Most likely F500-600-700 maybe also C model cab over.

Brian

67-72 Ford F600.

What you have there is from an 68 to late 70's F600. The entire unit can be swaped in place of a stock bumpside dash.

Cool! This should help me find a wiring diagram to use this cluster
well i'll be willing to bet there is one fused 12v supply to the two prong device (voltage limiter i bet) and out would feed each of the gauges. From there each gauge would ground to its sensor, except for what i am assuming is a charge gauge.

lights and turns ground thru the housing...
yes, it turns all the voltage to 5v. everything only has two wires going to it so, I think everything grounds to the cluster, minus the charging gauge. I'm just trying to get everything all figured out before I put it in and then fry it biaccident.

-
Back