I need help! Info for 1972 Valiant sedan

-
Yeah, doesn’t know how to be a human being and not bash other people. Good luck. Try not to hit your wife to hard
LOL.... Trying to help here, and appreciate your willingness to learn and turn a wrench.
  • Just so you understand in the car world, saying "you don't know why it spins just one tire and you don't know how many gears are in your transmission but can you help me do a 5.3 swap?"
Is like saying...
  • "I have a cut, how do I put on the Band-aid? Hey, can you help me put a Monkey's heart into a human?"
We are here to help. You can dream of someday doing a LS swap, but you need to crawl before you walk, then walk before you run.....

So I'm just wonderin, like I'm sure the rest of us.....tell us all when your certification ran out. ;)
I sent my certification to JarPar!!!!!!!!! So what does that till ya!!??? ha
Wife was questioning my sanity just other day, I told her just pen up my head and have my brain examined!

Wife was questioning my sanity just other day, I told her just pen up my head and have my brain examined!

My ex wife went for a brain scan and the results came back negative... She has no brain.... :D

I also have a 72 Valiant 4-door with around 60,000 miles now (bought it with 40,000). It originally came with a 318, a 3 on the tree standard transmission and an 8 3/4 with 3.23 gears but they were all gone when I got the car. What I did cheap and easy was a 5.2 Magnum (200 bucks Canadian), a 3-speed floor shift transmission with shifter, flywheel and bell housing out of a Volare (250 with flywheel), and an 8.25 big bolt pattern rear which was in the car when I got it. New Edelbrock Magnum intake and used Edelbrock carb (500 bucks). Electronic distributor out of my parts bin. Welded in a used 4-speed floor hump plus a floor shift steering column. The one thing I did not skimp on was the big bolt pattern front disc brakes, new pads-rotors-calipers-bearings-seals and new 10” shoes and drums for the rear. Used cheapy headers 50 bucks. Has 2.71 gears but pulled some 3.55s out of an early 90s Dakota, yet to be installed (whenever I find a cheap sure-grip).Plus 1000 bucks to buy the car, I might have 2500 bucks +/- into it. It’s my daily in the summer, always turns heads.

53E870BC-F74D-4647-B16B-D115033604E8.jpeg

-
Back