I need meaner sound!

-
Craig NY said:
im leaning towards the dynomax race mufflers and some turndown tips to dump it right after the muffler, that should do me until i can afford new headers, x pipe, etc...what do yall think?

Unless you are deaf you won't be able to stand being in the car for more than an hour. Dumping the exhaust under the car turns the bottom of the car into a sounding board and the interior resonance will be BAD.

321Scamp said:
Yes, they are the QTP elec. cutouts from Summit. I have a sound clip of them posted, closed then opened and back closed again.
www.quicktimeperformance.com

Yeah I thought so. I couldn't really tell because I couldn't see the wiring or cutout motor. I've got one on my 03 Dodge Ram and it sounds great. I am wondering one thing and you will be able to tell me. When you have two cutouts do you have two separate switches or does both cutouts just use one switch?

swnger69 said:
40 series
2.5 tti
x-pipe

you won't be sorry!

I did it.. with qtech electronic cutouts.. Just got it wired up this past weekend. It sounds amazing open and closed! Let it leak on the street a little to make people nervous haha :)

This is what it looks like!

dart2.jpg

I bought the 3" kit from summit that came with both cutouts so it came pre-wired to do both on one toggle switch. I went ahead and also bought the QTP controller that has many other features than just on and off. Check it out it is pretty cool!
QTP Controller

I have to say i never really thought too too much about the exhust system on a car untill i had this done.. This is the best looking exhast system i have ever seen. It was all done by hand. Well except for the tti headers,qtec cutouts and mufflers of course. Really beautiful work.

Im glad someeone else can appreciate. Next time i have it up on a lift i have to get another picture of that xpipe.. it is just a peice off work!

here is a link to the vendor i purchased the cutouts from if your interested.
http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/QTEC/index.php

I cant wait to go to the track!!!!!

321Scamp said:
I bought the 3" kit from summit that came with both cutouts so it came pre-wired to do both on one toggle switch. I went ahead and also bought the QTP controller that has many other features than just on and off. Check it out it is pretty cool!
QTP Controller

Thanks for the info. I didn't know they had that type of controller.

I've been contemplating going with cut-outs, but another $400 doesn't sit well with me right now. Maybe I'll retro-fit them later.

I'm running 2 chamber 40 series Flowmaster's with a 2.5" exhaust and it's VERY LOUD....

I wanted to get away from the Flowmaster sound, I went with dual Hooker Areochamber's on my Ram & im verry happy they will be my muffler of choice from here on.

You want something that will make the flowmasters sound like stock exhaust...put a set of these on. From the reports that we have gotten here at the shop...this muffler WILL outflow the Flowmaster 40's.
Like the shape...there called Coffin mufflers...You want mean sounding...this is it.. I found this sound clip..
http://rides.webshots.com/video/3092265440044859391hgOnoA

Rick
RnR Racing

311236659rtxWMw_th.jpeg

i have flowmaster suoer 40s with headers , x pipe and tail pipes out behind the rear wheel on my '70 340 swinger. Hard to find a better drivable combo.

-
Back