I need mopar help in the DC, MD, & VA area

-

73dartswingerfied

Reaction score
I'm in Washington DC and have a 73 dart swinger with a 318ci. It runs but I would like to put a bigger carb', mild cam, and also get my windshield wipers repaired. If anyone could help DM me thanks

I'm in glenn dale near route 50 md. side just outside the beltway pm me, ED.

Apologies for the late response but I thought I had my email alerts turned on so I'll know when someone respond to my thread. Just to clear a few things up...1st, DMV is referring to the DC, MD, & VA area. 2nd I user the term DM as in Direct Message, or PM if it went over your head. As for the repairs I basically need a good mechanic to get my Dart running the way I want it. If your not offering support in any way, shape or fashion I'll appreciate you keep the negativity away from me. thanks and peace

Apologies for the late response but I thought I had my email alerts turned on so I'll know when someone respond to my thread. Just to clear a few things up...1st, DMV is referring to the DC, MD, & VA area. 2nd I user the term DM as in Direct Message, or PM if it went over your head. As for the repairs I basically need a good mechanic to get my Dart running the way I want it. If your not offering support in any way, shape or fashion I'll appreciate you keep the negativity away from me. thanks and peace

I fixed the thread title so it will make more sense to those that live out of your area. Keep in mind that people read this site world wide so it is pretty important not to use abbreviations that leaves most of the world scratching their head. There is a ton of knowledge on this site and many very willing people to walk you through something even if they aren't in your area.

n I'll appreciate you keep the negativity away from me.

You will find you WILL get neg comments if you don't "speak English" and be more specific. This is something you STILL have not done. So here's some "positive" for ya

1.....Use a thread title that reflects in common terms what you want to ask

2.....ALWAYS specify the year, make, model, engine, and other pertinent info.

3.....Ask a question in terms that a wide range is likely to understand. I've been around cars all my life, and even I haven't heard some of the stuff I've heard lately. Until the last few years, I've never heard the term "chunk" to describe a steering box or rear end third member.

Also, this is a forum, a board. PMing answers is contrary to "what this is." If everybody did this, the rest of us would never learn a thing

So what are you looking for, opinions on a cam? More info. You going to stick with the stock heads, pistons? What are you doing for a converter, or 4 speed? Rear axle ratio? Drag racing, street?

Wipers..........you looking for someone to come over and repair them, or you want help from this board? If the latter, the first thing we need to know is what you HAVE for wipers, IE 2 / 3 speed, variable speed, and so on.

You can download a free factory shop manual right here

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?p=1970088617

More manuals and more info here

http://mymopar.com/index.php

and.........specifically about wipers, is this excellent site. You do need to wade around in there to find some stuff

http://www.passion4mopars.com/

And............do a SEARCH of this board. There was a wipers question just the other day............

One this to be wary of changing out a cam in a 40+ year old powerplant is this. You build the top you'll blow the bottom, build the bottom you blow the top. Bigger carb no problem.

What are you running now? Stock 2 barrel? Will need new intake ,try and find a LDB4 edelbrock nice piece. If stil lrunning tock motor, i would suggest nothing over a 600 CFM as then you are probably just blowing alot of air and fuel, and no engine upgrade for the mix to fire. I have had a Holley 570 and just put a Holley600 on, and the change is nice, not huge but nice. I too run a 40+ year old 73 318, and am in need of a rebuild or new block so I too can mash the pedal, without fearing, blowing "chunks" out the bottom or top of the engine.

Intake and carb are not the hardest (not the easiest) things to change out. great place to start to learn how to be a mechanic. Holleys out the box are set up pretty close to a mild build set up requirement for air fuel mix.

As for finding a mechanic in your area, unknown to me. Check ground on your wipers, may be all the issue is, or the switch, another basic fix.

Good luck, hope you get the beak running. I love mine.

I PM'd him the other day. He just needs help working on his car. He has an intake, but needs a carb and cam/lifters.

Maybe I speak the same language - LOL. I understood the original post to say it was a 318 swinger and he needs help doin a carb/cam swap and wiper fix.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'm going to do more research and figure out exactly what route I wanna take in getting this thing running. This site is great and the guys are vary helpful. I'll be sure to post any changes and keep yall informed. If I have any questions I'll be sure to speak plain English so everyone can understand. Thanks again. ✌

If you want to give the hillbilly blonde a call on the wiper motor or shoot me an email, feel free, I can try to help you figure out what's going on with your wipers

-
Back