I need schooling on 67 dart tie rod ends

-

duster360

Reaction score
What is so different about the tie rod ends on a 67 Dart? They are all more expensive than the 68 and up ends. 67 has the same lower ball joint as 68 and up but a more expensive outer tie rod end. Does the tie rod end have a different thread on the other end? What about the inners also? I know the idler is an oddball, one year only.

Oh, I have, and they ain't cheap. But I did find one from PST ( they advertise her on FABO ) for $94 shipped. About $50 to $80 cheaper than everyone else, depending on who you call.

I wasn't aware of the tie rod end difference. I bought the idler arm...ouch! I am converting to BBP discs and haven't put those pieces back on yet. I ordered a PST kit for 73+, we'll see what happens when I go to put it all back together.

I would definitly like to know how it all turns out. Keep us informed. I am upgrading to the BBP disc brakes also and got the 73 upper arms and spindles, but am using the 66-72 lower ball joint.

You are correct. The website I was looking at had some part numbers wrong. Also sorry for posting this in the wrong forum.

-
Back