i need some help with my 72 dodge demon

-
Reaction score
i have a 72 dodge demon i am starting to restore. It had a slant six in it with a 3 speed on the floor and i am wanting to change it but do not know to what any ideas. I am not wanting to drag race i just want the sound and want to burn the tires off and look good also where to get good cheap parts and any helpfull hints along the way. i would appreicate any information i can get

If I were you I'd look at getting a 360 (roller block, pre mag) la block or a 5.9 magnum motor. 360 are torque makers which is what you want for a street car.
You'll also need to buy a motor mount set (which allows you to bolt a v8 in using a slant 6 kframe) or just buy a v8 k frame (get a 73+ spool mount type). Need a v8 tranny (auto= 904 or 727; or Manual 833 non overdrive) either auto or manual. You'll also need a stronger rearend 8.25 or 8.75 or Dana 60 (the Dana would be kind of over kill for a normal street car with less than 500hp or so). All this is if you want to go to a v8 if not you could always turbo charge that slant 6

First you'll need to decide how much you're willing to spend on your project. That will determine what you can afford to do to make it faster while keeping it safe.

well tranny and motor is gonna be my last steps i am getting ready to send it off to soda blast in a week or so they are running bout 5 weeks behind so i have been waiting i am going to build a rotissarie stand here shortly i want to get paint and body done first then i am going to do motor stuff so i am getting suggestions right now it was a 3 speed on floor so i am going to stay with a stick i believe i have a 383 with an automatic in the barn was gonna put in it but i am having second thoughts money is not really a big problem not that i am rich but i do well what cars will interchange in parts like rearend

My '72 is a /6 auto car. I'm making a 340 clone out of it. Just a nice mild V8 to beat around for a bit.

now a buddy of mines land lord has a 440 with a 2-4 barrell intake on it that is all ready built they are supposed to be gettting me a price for it who know i am clueless yet what i am going to do

-
Back