I need to stay out of gun shops

-

Mopar to ya

Reaction score
Well, there goes the money for my conversion bell housing, dammit! I went to the gun shop to pick up my newly repaired S&W 9mm. They fixed my extractor and the bill was $40. I was so happy. Then I saw this Sig Sauer P226 in 9mm on the wall. It fit my hand so nice, the trigger had been tweaked and broke so smoothly and cleanly, and it had competition sights on it. My $40 bill plus Sig, 200 rounds, and foaming bore cleaner ..... $690. Bell housing conversion I desperately need .... $575. Hard to say which one I would have more fun with.
View attachment Sig Sauer.jpg

Well, there goes the money for my conversion bell housing, dammit! I went to the gun shop to pick up my newly repaired S&W 9mm. They fixed my extractor and the bill was $40. I was so happy. Then I saw this Sig Sauer P226 in 9mm on the wall. It fit my hand so nice, the trigger had been tweaked and broke so smoothly and cleanly, and it had competition sights on it. My $40 bill plus Sig, 200 rounds, and foaming bore cleaner ..... $690. Bell housing conversion I desperately need .... $575. Hard to say which one I would have more fun with.
View attachment 266233

i need an upgrade! just keep saving............. :thumblef:

My head porter has the same affliction.Walk in a store for a small thing,OOPS!No wonder his car never gets done.

I love my sig p229 in 40 there is something nice about a sig. enjoy it. I would be much further allong on my car if I didn't buy my AR, benelli nova tactical, remmington 700 in 300win mag, ruger sp101 and my GSG mp522. But hey they are fun toys too.

Now I'm pissed. If I didn't buy all the Guns I would have enough to build my stroker motor and probably enough to at least buy my turbos. Ooh well that's life.

I love my sig p229 in 40 there is something nice about a sig. enjoy it. I would be much further allong on my car if I didn't buy my AR, benelli nova tactical, remmington 700 in 300win mag, ruger sp101 and my GSG mp522. But hey they are fun toys too.

Now I'm pissed. If I didn't buy all the Guns I would have enough to build my stroker motor and probably enough to at least buy my turbos. Ooh well that's life.

Ah, but I have my stroker motor. I just need an overdrive tranny or an overdrive for my tranny. And before you all go jumping on that, it's TRANSMISSION. No tranny jokes allowed.

Go into a gun shop, buy a gun and some ammo...

Then ask the clerk if they sell ski masks...

George Carlin - RIP

Nice, i just completed the CCW test and course last saturday, and hit the sheriffs dept. for finger printing and picture thursday. It makes me a bit nervous but im sure ill get over it. Currently i only have a Ruger P89 9mm and a few rifles, but shot a buddies Glock 40 and man those are nice, he had several models and dont remember what i shot, but those 40 cals. have some zap compared to the 9's.

I prefer the 40 over the 9. But then again I shoot all steel guns. The polymer frames are lighter so recoil is alot more pronounced. I don't know if I subconsciously gate plastic or what but I owned a glock hated it and sold it. A sig, 1911, beretta ect are what I prefer. Not a big deal it's user preference.

Congrats on the CCW. You will hate it at first. You think everyone knows. But stick with it. And eventually it will just belike having car keys. And you won't think twice about it. Buy a comfortable holster that is key. Also spend good money on a good thick leather belt. It's going to help distribute the weight. It sucks but you will probably have to go through several holsters until you find a good one. I have found that once you find a good one it will work well in different sizes for all yourvarious guns. I carry my sig daily in the car. (can't carry at work) when I'm not working I normally have my sp101 holstered, my sig close by, and a rifle/shotgun accessible. (within 50-100ft) I figure the 5shot revolver will get me to the sig. My sig holds 12+1 and a spair mag, should hold me to get to a long gun. And if I ever made it to a long gun it's more needed than one would think. Call me a little paranoid, but I call it pepared. I have no desire to ever use any gun but will without hesitation if provoked.

Nice, i just completed the CCW test and course last saturday, and hit the sheriffs dept. for finger printing and picture thursday. It makes me a bit nervous but im sure ill get over it. Currently i only have a Ruger P89 9mm and a few rifles, but shot a buddies Glock 40 and man those are nice, he had several models and dont remember what i shot, but those 40 cals. have some zap compared to the 9's.

My course instructor was a cop. He made us promise to carry our guns every day for a month. He said once you get used to it it will be like putting your wallet in your pocket. You are very self conscious at first and feel like everybody knows or can see it. You get used to it quickly. I started with a Walther PPK in an inside the hip holster. I still use an inside the hip for a Taurus TCP sometimes when I need to be very discreet. That gun even fits in a pocket. Nowadays I usually go with a paddle holster and my S&W 39-2 9mm. Not self conscious anymore. Today I am carrying the Sig. If you see me on the street, chances are about 99% I have a gun unless I am going to a school or church. Better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it. You will feel much more comfortable at first with a smaller gun. My brother gives me no end of **** about my TCP. Says it stands for tiny caliber pistol. Oh, and buy good self defense ammo. I prefer Extreme Shock. It is powdered metal that creates a horrendous wound channel but the energy dissipates so fast on impact that it will not go through sheetrock. Good for homes with other people living there. Good luck ..... carry every day!

.45s and hollow points only. For high powered rifles I have a couple with my baby (I use that term lightly) a m107 Barrett, I'm not f*ckin around with you if I'm using it. As far as assault rifles go yes I have an AR-15 (was given to me) but those are weak and for those that can't step up to the plate. I love my AK-47 (this is for the big boys only) I have a lot of stuff for that and not saying any more about it.

Oooohhh that Sig shoots nice. Very natural grip and a perfect trigger. Just ran a few clips through it. Gonna clean it up and run a hundred rounds through it with my brother.

..... carry every day!

I was over at the neighbor's the other day, stopped on the way somewhere else. One of his buddies says "you wear that thing HERE?"

I told him "if you don't carry it everywhere, you might as well not carry it ANYWHERE."

I fell "out of love" with gun shops some time ago. I ended up (for several reasons) With the little Ruger KLCR. I normally carry 38+P in it, but it can shoot .357

ruger_lcr___357__magnum_1553.jpg

-
Back