I Need You Opinion

-
idk im waitin on an email needs alot less mork than the dart but idk we will see im not sure at lest it aint a chevy

Hmmm.. well personally, i would not do that with the 73. They are just too big and heavy. If you have a 383, then by all means put that in the Dart! The kits from Scumacher make it pretty easy. Then just get yourself an 8 3/4 and some SS springs and start runniing 11s!

idk im waitin on an email needs alot less mork than the dart but idk we will see im not sure at lest it aint a chevy

Your Dart is a good project though man. Why get rid of an already solid project?

idk lot of work and money that i dont have and the charger is pretty damn clean no rust but the guy aint gonna say yes to my heap so im gonna keep it most likly

idk lot of work and money that i dont have and the charger is pretty damn clean no rust but the guy aint gonna say yes to my heap so im gonna keep it most likly
Everything is going to be a lot of work. If you're trying to get around that then this hobby is not one for you, haha. But seriously, you have a good project. And as fish said... easy to drop that 383 in your dart and get goin!

ya it would be easy and i already have the 8 3/4 in the car im not sure most likly the car is gonna just stay in the garage for a while until i get cash to get the roof installed aint nobody gonna trade the dart for somthin in better shape lol i wouldnt

From your avatar the Dart looks pretty solid. i'm not a body man, but roofs are replaced all the time..specially on cars that had vynal roofs. so i know its very doable..keep your chin up...it will be a sahweet ride before ya know it!8)

ya i had big plans for it i just couldnt imagine seeing someone pull away with my dart in there trailer i just couldnt see it happen i would be sick thats why i have to keep it lol

ya i had big plans for it i just couldnt imagine seeing someone pull away with my dart in there trailer i just couldnt see it happen i would be sick thats why i have to keep it lol

Well then that's that. You're keeping the Dart and stickin with it! :cheers:

ya just get a lilttle bored with the dart every now and then and like to see wats out forsale it seems like it has been forever workin on it and it goes nowere but just time i guess well and money but i have alot of eyears to finish it

ya just get a lilttle bored with the dart every now and then and like to see wats out forsale it seems like it has been forever workin on it and it goes nowere but just time i guess well and money but i have alot of eyears to finish it

You have tons of time. And it seems like forever but it will progress soon. There are guys that have built their cars over a longer period of time than you have been alive. You gotta have passion for the hobby to build a car, cause it doesn't happen overnight.

Can you afford gas for the truck? Can you afford Insurance for the truck? Your young and Cops will love pulling you over in that truck.

ya there really gonna like pullin me over in the dart lol that car isnt gonna be made to do the speed limit LOL

EXACTLY thats why the dart will not obey the soeed limit its a suggestion telling me i should do 45 not 85

I think someone just needs to give you a ride in a 383 Dart.Then it will be easy to make up your mind. Jim

ya sombody needs to give me a ride in a fast 383 car for that matter there will be no changing my mind then lol good suggestion

California smog laws are tough but you must admit they keep California cars on the road running smooth and intact.

I don't think so!:wack:

California's smog laws may help keep the newer cars in check but they do nothing for the older cars.
Why would I say this? Here is a good example:

My father-in-law had a worn out 78 Toyota pickup truck that he bought new. The engine was completely worn out and was even equipped with the automatic oil change system...just keep adding oil! He ended up giving me the truck and when I took it in to get smogged they checked the truck for all emmisions equipment....pass. They then tested the truck on their exhaust pipe sucker and surprize! FAILED. Bummer right? Wrong! $45 for the smog check, another $40 or $50 for the waiver!!! and I'm off and driving this POS! Why? Because it would cost me too much money to fix the truck!
That's right, the smog station got their money, the state got their money, I'm driving around in a gross polluter and everyone's happy!:cheers:

Hmmm, it's almost like they just wanted the money and didn't really care about the environment....#-oBut hey, at least with CARB approval I can pay double or triple for CARB approved parts that are identical to unapproved parts...that's real nice, right?
I wonder how much the state makes off of the whole CARB approval system...:read2:

P.S. Sorry for the thread jack, but that is a real sore spot with me. There is only one reason that the state will not allow you to run a clean car with unnapproved parts...PROFIT!

I don't think so!:wack:

California's smog laws may help keep the newer cars in check but they do nothing for the older cars.
Why would I say this? Here is a good example:

My father-in-law had a worn out 78 Toyota pickup truck that he bought new. The engine was completely worn out and was even equipped with the automatic oil change system...just keep adding oil! He ended up giving me the truck and when I took it in to get smogged they checked the truck for all emmisions equipment....pass. They then tested the truck on their exhaust pipe sucker and surprize! FAILED. Bummer right? Wrong! $45 for the smog check, another $40 or $50 for the waiver!!! and I'm off and driving this POS! Why? Because it would cost me too much money to fix the truck!
That's right, the smog station got their money, the state got their money, I'm driving around in a gross polluter and everyone's happy!:cheers:

Hmmm, it's almost like they just wanted the money and didn't really care about the environment....#-oBut hey, at least with CARB approval I can pay double or triple for CARB approved parts that are identical to unapproved parts...that's real nice, right?
I wonder how much the state makes off of the whole CARB approval system...:read2:

P.S. Sorry for the thread jack, but that is a real sore spot with me. There is only one reason that the state will not allow you to run a clean car with unnapproved parts...PROFIT!
they do the waiver crap in az too, i forgot about that. in california are the emission places state or private? in az they are private, just making it more of a joke......

-
Back