I need your help on helping me price my Dart !

-

DartThis74

Reaction score
As some of y'all are aware, I was in a wreck near a month ago and my '74 Dart Sport was deemed totaled by the insurance company. Here is the link to my thread regarding my issue.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=178363

What I am need from the FABO community is to see what a rough estimate of what my car has been selling for or bought with similar options. Although, there are not many out there with the exact same options I've put into my car, but finding some that are comparable is greatly appreciative. I need to show the insurance company that my car is not worth $1800.

If you have bought/sold/ or know of any cars that are similar to my vehicle could you please post a link to the advertisement or send me a PM. I would appreciate it !

Here is a list of what my car contains:

- slant six w/ super six intake
- converted tan interior to all new/refurbished black interior
- bucket seats w/ auto floor console
- hood scoop and go-wing combo
- American racing torque thrust II wheels
- sport mirrors

2prsqow.jpg

20icb4l.jpg

2rddrf9.jpg

25qyah3.jpg

About a year and a half ago, I bought my running, driving '73 Duster 318 for $2500. While it was a running driving car, everything that the sun ever shined on needs refurbishing. Paint and interior fried. Most weatherstripping could use replacement. Tires hard as a rock (although tread nice). Chrome toasted. Front end loose, and a bunch of leaks. I paid a grand to have it transported from SoCal to CT, so it really cost me $3,500. It's possible that in Texas, your car might be worth less than in other regions. This car that cost me $3,500 here in the northeast is probably worth $4k at least, because it's totally rot free. It probably doesn't answer your question, but let's just say there are plenty of people paying $1,800 and more for cars that need a total restoration.

Here are prices that I got from NADA online
MSRP cost new $2878
Current NADA values
Low Retail-$3218
Average Retail-$5243
High Retail-$8550

I have my 74 insured for 11,500 or 12,000

Problem with the OP's car is that it was his sole means of transportation (from what I recall in prior thread). I don't know of any agreed value or collector type policies that will insure you that way without owning a second car for daily use. It's easy to say he had it "underinsured." But that's how it is when you are DDing a classic.

Man sorry to hear this i have my 72 duster insured for 20 grand thru haggerty it cost me 317 for the year i think i will have to check.

As for your car looks clean i would think at least 7 grand.

i paid 3k for a 73 duster 225/6 3 speed floor shift, bench seat,steel wheels, 99% rust free, original paint. a couple little dents. dash pad was sunbaked.the only reason i paid that much was because the body is beautiful. it ran and drove. dont know if this helps...

Last year I paid $1500.00 for a totally clapped out 73 Dart Sport 340 car. Granted, it was a 340 car, but it was and could only be a parts car as it had been rotting in a field since 1975 or so. Your car with the options described and running and driving should be at least $4,500.00. Documenting the value will be the harder part!! Geof

to puchase an equivalent car to move your parts over to... you are going to pay $4,500 or more. probably more around $6000 for one that does not have a rusted out body but will need some work to get on the road
you will pay $9000 probably for one that is running/road worthy

so i would say $5,000 if you get to keep your car
or $6500 cash
or they pay to fix your car (i bet this will probaby come out to $10,000 with labor)

Local Ford dealer sold a car like yours only orange, /6 and all, for $6900 here last summer.

Thank you for yalls suggestions. I'm still trying to round up for sale ads and what not to get comparable vehicles. The options I mentioned above are what I'm mainly looking for in the vehicles, although most wont have all of them I am aware.Thanks in advance for trying to help me.

As far as the photos someone mentioned above, these photos are just shots of the car with the options I have for you to see what I am dealing with.

-
Back