I predict a bad day ahead

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
You guys might remember a guy came over to estimate on cutting down my big tree. He told me "they could be here Monday." That's today.

He told me something odd....."Call me Monday morning."

Ok I just got off the phone, about 07:20 that's in the AM

He had no idea who I was and where I was and he just was over here the other day. Then he said "they'd be over about 10:30. That is NOT what he told me when he was over here. THEN he said "Don't get upset if we are a little late."

Yeh. You guys do realize, I haven't, and won't pay them one red cent until...............

So place your bets. I would not bet "much" LOL

Tree trimmers around here are guys that can't hold a regular job... Hope it goes well for you!:violent1:

I bet 10 bucks he tries to raise the price, and has a few half assed excuses for it.

Doesn't mean it's a bad day, just one where the tree isn't down yet. :D

Call other tree trimmers for competitive quote...

And here I thought, everyone in Idaho was an upstanding reliable citizen !!

ha! I have a good car friend that he and his son have a lawn care/tree trimming business. they do a real good business, especially the tree patrty, because they are honest and fair!! lot of tree businesses are like he said, pretty POOR!!!!!

15 years back, I was home in Dawson, Ga seeing my old mother. the 50 ft pines thatwere planted in front of the house 30 years before were GONE. she tells me how an Al. tree trimming co. came by and told her they would fall on the house and KILL her, and they would cut them down and haul them off gor $6500. was like 6-8 trees. she could have sold them to any timber co. for pole timber' they would cut and haul them.

I called the sherrif and asked what could be done. he said nothing. I told him I was headed to Al. and taking my pistol, and I would return. told me NO, if in Ga. we would both go, but out of state he could do nothing. I got her money.

What an asshat. I know a real good guy in Macon. lol

Well "for once" LMAO I might be wrong. I say might because 'the show' is still in progress. They showed up at about 10:50AM. Good God. About 6-8 guys. I don't know how they are going to make any money on this. We'll see. He mentioned a "dump truck" twice, when he was here looking over the job, and this morning when I called.

Yet they showed up with "a bunch of junk" pickups and a great big raggy looking trailer probably an "ex mobile home."

Well, so far so good, LOL. Nothing "of substance" has hit the house. And, they are making progress. Stay tuned!!! Film at 11!!

Attachments

• IMG_0917cs.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_0920cs.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_0921cs.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_0923cs.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 245
lol looks like a real professional outfit

LOL. The people they have insurance with did confirm they have state liability. They actually have a big Bobcat. The box trailer has "plenty" of chain saws. Must be a dozen of 'em in there

Yet they showed up with "a bunch of junk" pickups and a great big raggy looking trailer probably an "ex mobile home."

sometimes that is not a bad thing....when they show up with shiny new matching trucks and new equipment then someone has to pay for it.

Well I was right!!! to start with!!! to have concerns!!!

Jesuz. I hear a big "kathump!!" They had limbed it "up a ways" a few more branches off from my last photos above, and then FELL THE WHOLE THING completely across the CITY STREET!!

This is taken from the neighbor's yard. The tree is completely blocking the city street and they are out there cutting it up

Attachments

• IMG_0942cs.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 450
  • IMG_0934cs.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 216
wow!! that is a big tall tree!!!!

when they show up with one small guy of some unknown origin and one ax is when I would get negative feelings! big chainsaws is good!

moment of silence for a beautiful tree that has seen the world change around it. it was simpler times when it was just a sprout.

I'd call it a success.

I'd call it "luck." REAL tree people don't go fallin big trees close to buildings, and CERTAINLY not across city streets, and CERTAINLY not across city streets with no traffic controls.

"End of the story" is they did an OK job in the end, and did a pretty fair job of cleaning up. What a rag tag bunch. Not sure I'd want them back.

I'd call it "luck." REAL tree people don't go fallin big trees close to buildings, and CERTAINLY not across city streets, and CERTAINLY not across city streets with no traffic controls.

"End of the story" is they did an OK job in the end, and did a pretty fair job of cleaning up. What a rag tag bunch. Not sure I'd want them back.

Yea, but it's better than watching an episode of Judge Judy, and by the looks of them, there was a better than even chance that you could've ended up on an episode as well!!!

-
Back