I screwed up 1,080 times today...... New personal record perhaps?

-

Alaskan_TA

Reaction score
I had left off with this project back in July of 2016, but I ran out of license plates at 230.

Today I finished off the shop ceiling with another 270 license plates for a total of 500. No way to even get them all in one photo.

(four screws each into the ceiling for each plate, so yes, I screwed up a LOT today)

All 50 US states are represented, Washington D.C and Guam too. I have all the Australian states mounted to the engine pulling beam. I am still shy on Canadian provinces, but I have some and the Yukon Territory also.

People I know from all over have donated plates to this project for over a decade. If I know you, when I was installing one from your home state, country or province, be assured that I was thinking of you.

Lots of memories accessed today, thank you!

Shop lid license plates finished 12-24-2021small.JPG

An old El paso County (city of Colorado Spings) Colorado plate. Nice

Arms too.

Soaking them in beer now. (from the inside out)

That GREAT. I would not know what to do with that many

That's pretty cool!
My best friend has a collection of plates from every state (Not a car guy) and most are mounted on a basement wall.
His step son just retired after 20 yrs in the military (5 deployments) and even got him plates from middle Eastern countries, Germany, England, those kind of places. Can't remember if he has a Cuban but he was there. Every time he "visited" a new country he'd search out a plate and send it home.

-
Back