I think I have the wrong rubber mounts

-

plumkrazee70

Reaction score
I've been fighting a vibration issue see my other thread. So I leveled out the car on ramps. (Confirmed with level on sill)

I went to check my motor level and it's not. Ugh. I then looked at my mounts and they are different passenger vs driver. I'm thinking I accidentally used the conversion mounts (/6 to V8) when in fact I have a biscuit V8 k member.

Should the rubber mounts be the same on a V8 340? Also how to tell if I have the metal brackets on the right sides?

Passenger side rubber

IMG_20210404_163244576.jpg

I am fairly confident that I have the correct metal brackets, but not sure if they are on th correct side now.

1. V8 k member?
  2. Biscuit on pass side looks too thick.
  3. Biscuit on driver's side looks ok for forward backward fit but the squish at the rear looks like transmission mount is toast.

Your brackets are fine, but both rubber mounts should be like the one on your driver's side.

I think your biscuits are wrong if you have a 68-72 K frame. The pass biscuit looks way thick to me for sure. Here's what the iron mounts look like for a 340.

340 engine mounts.jpg

amountdifference.jpg

Driver's side appears to be a modified bracket, not done correctly. jmo
Pass side is prob a van mount which are thicker than car biscuits.

Yep passenger rubber mount in that is a pickup truck mount, drivers side engine bracket is a butcher job.

1. V8 k member?
  2. Biscuit on pass side looks too thick.
  3. Biscuit on driver's side looks ok for forward backward fit but the squish at the rear looks like transmission mount is toast.

Yes. V8 K member. The trans mount is new, although it is a A500.

Yes. V8 K member. The trans mount is new, although it is a A500
Maybe the driver's side mount isn't a good hack job as others have mentioned and it is not the correct angle to the k frame mount

Yep passenger rubber mount in that is a pickup truck mount, drivers side engine bracket is a butcher job.

The bracket looks like a butcher job or or the K member? I bought both from reputable members here.

So should ai be looking for a new drivers bracket and a set of rubber mounts?

Drivers side rubber looks like it needs rotated 90*? And I agree the pass side is too thick. You eluded to a 340? If so they are a unique mount on drive side.

The bracket looks like a butcher job or or the K member? I bought both from reputable members here.

So should ai be looking for a new drivers bracket and a set of rubber mounts?
You should tell everyone what member blatantly sold you a butchered part that was never going to work, and more than likely sold it to you for way way more than it’s worth.

You should tell everyone what member blatantly sold you a butchered part that was never going to work, and more than likely sold it to you for way way more than it’s worth.

I got the Kmember from crackedback and the mounts from mccanix.

I agree with everyone else that the drivers side mount is a disaster; it needs replaced. However, some /6 to v8 mounts do use a bigger passenger side mount like these:

1971 PLYMOUTH DUSTER Trans-Dapt Performance Products 4695 Trans-Dapt Performance Engine Swap Motor Mounts | Summit Racing

They can be replaced fairly easily without pulling the engine so you’re not in horrible shape. I am curious as to which direction your tail shaft is pointing though!

I'll have the correct rubber mounts here tomorrow. Are y'all talking about the K member mount being jacked or the motor mount bracket?

My trans isn't level, side to side. Thats what got me looking at the motor mounts. I was measuring my trans angle when I found it

I can see by eye that the drivers side bracket on the engine is bent. U need a different bracket. If u have a factory V8 K member u need the thinner rubber mount on the passenger side also. Do u have a slant 6 or a V8 K member? Kim

I can see by eye that the drivers side bracket on the engine is bent. U need a different bracket. If u have a factory V8 K member u need the thinner rubber mount on the passenger side also. Do u have a slant 6 or a V8 K member? Kim

It's a V8 Kmember. I HAD a slant k member. I think that's why I ended up with the two different rubber mounts.

It's about impossible to find a 340 drivers mount these days. :(

No, the bracket is wider than the 340/360 mount. U can add a couple washers/shims to take up the slack or slice the mount and remove the amount needed then weld it back together. Some 318 brackets may need a short piece of flat iron with a hole for the bolt welded to it. Kim

No, the bracket is wider than the 340/360 mount. U can add a couple washers/shims to take up the slack or slice the mount and remove the amount needed then weld it back together. Some 318 brackets may need a short piece of flat iron with a hole for the bolt welded to it. Kim

Thanks! I may have a 318 mount laying around. I dug through my email and found the pics of the 340 mounts I bought. Guy said I e ear was welded but worked fine in his for years... Now, I'm thinking I was desperate and wanted to get the motor in. That was 2 years ago. Here are the pics he sent.

a3.jpg

a2.jpg

a1.jpg

a4.jpg

-
Back