I thought this truck was neat......

-

318willrun

Utube channel 318willrun
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I was in Charlotte, Iowa (tiny town) and saw this '36 Dodge truck at the car show. It was powered by a 3.9 V6 and 5 speed. Here is some pictures of it and a few other pictures....

IMG_0025.JPG

IMG_0020.JPG

IMG_0026.JPG

IMG_0032.JPG

IMG_0015.JPG

IMG_0035.JPG

IMG_0040.JPG

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Thought this was one as well. Local shop in Cumming, Ga loves to stuff mopars in other brands! :) Told they put a 440 in a C10 thats is killer!

image.jpeg

Last edited:
If they were just as carefull building the truck as they were painting the engine, that rod is nothing short of a death trap

I think it's great that it's "weird". Bout tired of seein the same old **** everywhere.

take a look at that second picture
they painted the engine wit the manifolds, carburetor and upper radiator hose installed, and none of it taped off

seems pretty careless to me

No. Picture does not show the craftsmanship I guess! Truck was Sic!! Not sure how you clean a FB paint job but in person it was very well done.

take a look at that second picture
they painted the engine wit the manifolds, carburetor and upper radiator hose installed, and none of it taped off

seems pretty careless to me

And this makes it a death trap?

My pic was not so good. This was in a building and was taken quickly between the milling crowd! It is black,black,black! Very nice, neat work hard to show in quick pics. Just thought it was nice to see Mopar inards in the a classic other brand! Normally builders opt for bowties!

I missed it but the decal in the rear window read "FOMPAR"

the paint, no
but it makes me wonder...if they couldn't be bothered to tape of the radiator hose before painting...what other corners did they cut?

You are seeing something that is not there. Brackets, paint and all were spectactular!

You are seeing something that is not there. Brackets, paint and all were spectactular!

wouldn't be the first time I was wrong, maybe I am reading too much into it

since you had eyes on it, what is the deal with that vent line or whatever it is that ends just above and to the right of the oil filler cap?

wouldn't be the first time I was wrong, maybe I am reading too much into it

since you had eyes on it, what is the deal with that vent line or whatever it is that ends just above and to the right of the oil filler cap?

What is it with you? Is it dickhead night for you? I mean really. A member goes out of his way to take pictures and is kind enough to post them and all you can do is be a total asshole?

the paint, no
but it makes me wonder...if they couldn't be bothered to tape of the radiator hose before painting...what other corners did they cut?

What the **** difference does it make? It's a cool truck. A member was nice enough to take pictures and share them with us. Cram you usual bullshit up your ***.

No. Picture does not show the craftsmanship I guess! Truck was Sic!! Not sure how you clean a FB paint job but in person it was very well done.

You guys are talking about two different trucks. DIY is talking about the first pictured truck in this thread and, yes, he is correct that nothing was taped off when they painted the engine. Very poor job on their part.

What is it with you? Is it dickhead night for you? I mean really. A member goes out of his way to take pictures and is kind enough to post them and all you can do is be a total asshole?
Damn, seems more like you're the one with the bad attitude, not DIY.

The rest of the truck was very nice. I guess perhaps he wasn't concerned with overspray on a few things. Maybe, just maybe he has special headers ordered, and new braided hoses, different carb and wasn't concerned about the overspray on those parts. I didn't talk with him, but i'm glad he had it there because I personally liked what he did, with the 3.9 and all.

-
Back