i tried

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
Reaction score
I tried to give FBBO and FEBO a shot but there is no way the upgraded sites are better than here.

Here you have a list of threads on a white background and it makes it easy to see everything and you click "todays posts" and you see everything in the order it was posted ....makes complete sense. The picture uploader makes sense.

Over there, there are so many borders around each thread name on the list and the colors all blend in to make it headache material. you click "todays posts" and it wont respond and it highlights "new posts" no matter how many times you click "todays posts" and under new posts it don't seem to put them in order and its easy to lose track of threads. Then it saves every pic you upload like you are going to post the same pic a thousand times.....there is no reason to save it anywhere but the thread it was attached to. :evil3:

I know there are shortcut ways to navigate the site over there but why re-invent the wheel .....why cant it just be easy like here.

I've had no issues.

Sure it takes some getting used to, but when I first joined here it took some time getting used to, also.

Personally, I like the pic feature. Some of us actually have posted the same pic in different threads and once it's been uploaded it's just a matter of going into the pic folder, clicking on it, and putting it into a different thread. I know there's been some complaints I've read over the years from members here that this format doesn't allow the same.

I also like the feature that allows the "thanks" to be given and seeing who has done the "thanks."

Other than that the basic features are the same.

Rani, you are getting old before your time just like the rest of us. Older people don't like change. I am sure if the people that are on FBBO and FEBO and had never been on this site came here, probably wouldn't like the change either.

Rani, you are getting old before your time just like the rest of us. Older people don't like change.

oh no, not you too ....my parents keep telling me that I am way too set in my ways for my age. They are almost double my age and they appreciate adventure more than me. I would rather hang out in the garage like a hermit while they go out. :pale::???:

Attachments

• h8CDDB37A.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 310
I do have to say.........the software that runs this site right here is very hard to beat. It just works. More important, the APPEARANCE is pleasing. Some sites have poor contrast issues, or worse, like Google, force you to stare bug eyed at a brilliant white background

orangeeyes.jpg

It's a little different over there for sure.From what I have noticed as well,and don't get me wrong because the guys on FBBO and FEBO are very knowledgeable and will help out,but FABO has so many more topics and info floating around.

i like the format much better than here.
and you can change your settings to different colored backgrounds and stuff. it is really bland here but the content is good

Why would you go to FEBO or FBBO anyway? I thought you were an A body girl. Do you have an E or B body ?

Anyway, glad to hear that your like it here on FABO

I have tryed to send a private message to Rani with no response :D I must be getting old
becouse I don't like waiting :D yea rani, change is a challenge or it should be .

Why would you go to FEBO or FBBO anyway? I thought you were an A body girl. Do you have an E or B body ?

Anyway, glad to hear that your like it here on FABO

yes I have a B and an E-body but A bodies are my favorite, because they are my size ....I am too short to really enjoy an E-body so I am going to finish my challenger and give it to my adoptive dad and I still have my Coronet wagon. (pedal extensions and a pillow on the seat and all set)

I have tryed to send a private message to Rani with no response :D I must be getting old
becouse I don't like waiting :D yea rani, change is a challenge or it should be .

SOOOOOO sorry ....I have my mind on a million things and I spaced it out. PM coming ...Right NOW before I forget again.

OK, just sent a reply PM to Mr. Memike ....again sorry I forgot to reply......I should have replied instantly when I got your PM but as usual I got distracted and figured I would do it later .......well I forgot and later never came.

No excuses, sorry.

I need to start writing post it notes and sticking them to my forehead so I can stop forgetting stuff so easy. :banghead:

OH OH! Getting distracted and forgetting is a sign old age too.
Don't ask me how I ah um know. Sorry I got distracted then forgot.:-k:mrgreen:

PS It happens to all of us from time to time.

I tried to give FBBO and FEBO a shot but there is no way the upgraded sites are better than here.

Here you have a list of threads on a white background and it makes it easy to see everything and you click "todays posts" and you see everything in the order it was posted ....makes complete sense. The picture uploader makes sense.

Over there, there are so many borders around each thread name on the list and the colors all blend in to make it headache material. you click "todays posts" and it wont respond and it highlights "new posts" no matter how many times you click "todays posts" and under new posts it don't seem to put them in order and its easy to lose track of threads. Then it saves every pic you upload like you are going to post the same pic a thousand times.....there is no reason to save it anywhere but the thread it was attached to. :evil3:

I know there are shortcut ways to navigate the site over there but why re-invent the wheel .....why cant it just be easy like here.

RIS27.jpg

OK, just sent a reply PM to Mr. Memike ....again sorry I forgot to reply......I should have replied instantly when I got your PM but as usual I got distracted and figured I would do it later .......well I forgot and later never came.

No excuses, sorry.

I need to start writing post it notes and sticking them to my forehead so I can stop forgetting stuff so easy. :banghead:
No worries hun, Pm was received and the only reason I posted it is I did not want to start
a new thread asking if your pm box was full :D We all get distracted and busy :coffee2: some more then others.
Back on subject :glasses7: I use my phone more then my old computer now so
learning how to navigat a different site is a bit hard and this site is so

familiar it takes no effort at all for me to search out enfo . Sticky notes do help me make:cheers:

Rani,

I like this format better. But the visible thanks feature is nice. The vibe is different on the sites.
Vanilla and chocolate, but both are ice cream.

You may think you are old.
I AM old and want you to know I had to spend ten minutes to get up to speed on pop culture because of you.
Kragle, huh?
(I was there for the original). Best clip of it I could find.
Old farts, help me out here.
Wasn't that line in an even older movie from the 60s?
I'm thinking it is in this one.
[ame]http://youtu.be/Sg1v5HkpdEA[/ame]

[ame]http://youtu.be/BQpgIJUh9D4[/ame]

Rani,

I like this format better. But the visible thanks feature is nice. The vibe is different on the sites.
Vanilla and chocolate, but both are ice cream.

You may think you are old.
I AM old and want you to know I had to spend ten minutes to get up to speed on pop culture because of you.
Kragle, huh?
(I was there for the original). Best clip of it I could find.
Old farts, help me out here.
Wasn't that line in an even older movie from the 60s?
I'm thinking it is in this one.

Nope your first movie is like 41 years off. #-o

Kragle is from the Lego movie (2014), came out on DVD on June 17,2014 and is one the greatest movies ever!! I watched it 4 times at the theater in 3D. Will Ferrell does the voice of Lord Business ....he is so funny. But the point behind Kragle is to resist change because he likes things the way they are. :):) Like me in my life, I don't like change because I am happy the way I am now and change is scary and I don't like it!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36ml2_P6epM"]The Lego Movie - Bad Cop Kragle Scene [Spoilers] - YouTube[/ame]

-
Back