I want a BB

-

1973dusterkid

Watch This
Reaction score
Ok right now I have a 360 4 speed in my duster. I know how it is to a bb in a duster but how hard is it to work on I would like to run long tube headers manual steering. How hard is it to change plugs change oil stuff like that.

The big block is actually easier to work on in the later A bodies, at least to me. Some say even in the early cars too.

Spark plug changes are harder, oil change is easier. Everything else close enough ot be the same...

I think changing the plugs is easier. Do it from the bottom.

I think changing the plugs is easier. Do it from the bottom.

Agreed for the passenger side plugs. Driver side is no problem from the top with stock manifolds. Just have to reach around the booster. I have always used the Plug socket and wrench and skipped the ratchet. Headers may make it easier but I have always run the manifolds and would not know.

Oil changes are easy.........

Extra weight over the front tires makes the manual steering a little tough, but if you run tricks on the front it helps a lot.

Also If I want to keep my 4 speed all I need is a new bell housing and z bar and how hard is it to work on the z bar with a bb

tti headers have more ground clearance than any small block header i have seen. my trans pan hangs lower than the exhaust. oil changes are super easy. filter up front and low. only prob is cooling. the engine sits pretty far forward and you have to get creative with the fan set ups. my car runs at 175 all day. never gets hot EVER. 90+ degree out side and in traffic.

I can pull my 440 with fenderwells and reinstall including trans[727] 2 times over a smblk...I think they are much easier to work on and navigate around than a smblk but thats my deduction having done several in past 25+ yrs...damn I'm getting old so lets say I use too..just thinking about it now makes me tired...lol...but I'm gonna do it 'one more time'...soon..IMO are easy to work on..

-
Back