I want to quit smoking

-
Monday Afternoon still smoke free.

YOU ARE THE MAN :cheers:

I am proud of your will power duckbuster :-D
I wish I could say the same I smoked a couple yesterday
Nun today at all, I kept busy with this today.
Laundry and put a roost on and took a walk to my fishing hole.

I am going to have to start fishing with worms or minnows my shoulder is on fire from casting so much :angry7: My first day to rig up and go fishing this year. It sure is a sunny day at 70F outside. The trees sure got tore up by the ice storm as you can see. You should be feeling like a new man, Drink allot of water and keep up our destiny to quit.
I take may camera with me everywhere so here is some pictures of my day

bbbb4 088.jpg

bbbb4 086.jpg

bbbb4 087.jpg

bbbb4 085.jpg

Help me out guys. I figured up the cost yesterday. I am spending about $1200.00 a year on smokes. That is a new set of rims(nice ones like centerline or weld), a camshaft + intake and carb, a big block, a new rifle scope, a hunting trip, or a bead roller + tubing bender or anything else you can think of. Guys stay on me. I want to quit but I may need help.

I go back and read this so you can remember the day you made a stand bud.
Don't even think of sticking a nasty butt in your mouth they are nasty, I woke up this morning and could smell cigarettes that my wife fired up and was glad to be on my way out of this stupid crutch :angry7:
16 hours and not a puff of one, and I had more room in my pockets for that bottle of water in that sprite bottle and cell phone ,camera,stringer and took a walk in the sun shine.:-D

Im in the group too. Ive been cutting back and working on quitting but I bought my last pack (hopefully) this past Tuesday and they are all gone as of yesterday. For me it was a carton a week at $53 x 52 weeks = $2756 a year. I know its not going to be easy but it will for sure be worth it in a lot of ways. Maybe Adam and Joey will add a new forum, "Kicking the Butt Support" lol j/k
And that go's for you to Ron, We can make it happen.:cheers:

Duckbuster: Right on friend. I love your ability to realize that you are depriving your family of your presence if you keep smoking. REALITY!. Your brain IS working. You obviously DO love your family. Would you by any chance be a duck hunter?

Different methods of quitting work for different folks. Keep trying them until you find one that works for you. Be advised, though, that unless you really want to quit no drug or therapy in the world will work. If you want to quit badly enough, cold turkey will work. I quit 12 years ago (2 pack a day habit) cold turkey because Dorals had just gone up to $1.00 a pack and I thought that was too much to spend on cigs. Really glad I quit now! Good luck and never give up!!!!!!!!!

Different methods of quitting work for different folks. Keep trying them until you find one that works for you. Be advised, though, that unless you really want to quit no drug or therapy in the world will work. If you want to quit badly enough, cold turkey will work. I quit 12 years ago (2 pack a day habit) cold turkey because Dorals had just gone up to $1.00 a pack and I thought that was too much to spend on cigs. Really glad I quit now! Good luck and never give up!!!!!!!!!
Wise words. All we can share with you is our support and how WE quit. Do what you gotta do to make it work for you. It help me also to remind myself I was a non-smoker now.

Wise words. All we can share with you is our support and how WE quit. Do what you gotta do to make it work for you. It help me also to remind myself I was a non-smoker now.

You was a none smoker :read2: do you smoke now ?

The Nicorette gum worked for me, then switched to regular gum, then evetually nothing. Been almost 3 years, you can do it. It sux in the begining, but if you WANT to quit youll get through it! Good Luck!!!!

Amen to you guys! Quit smoking, I'm only 23 years old, I've been smoking since I was 13. And I can feel the effects, chronic bronchitis, I can't run a block with out gasping for air... and now that ciggarettes are $6.50 a pack here in cali... deffinatly time to quit! You all got my support!

Hey Small block. Yes I am a duck hunter, deer hunter. Do you hunt?

Hey Small block. Yes I am a duck hunter, deer hunter. Do you hunt?
I can say yes he does:-D Dear, Duck and dove, He invited a bunch of us to his place this year for a dove hunt. :cheers:

Start of another smoke free day! Hang in there guys. Came across a great deal on a pressure washer yesterday and all I could think about is how it was basically free because the $50 I paid for it was less than the $54 I didnt spend on a carton of smokes this week. Now I have a little extra motivation sitting outside in the garage. IF I get the urge to light up I can just walk outside and see how my "habit" was stealing $ from the tool fund!

now we are getting results. I am still smoke free too. Congrads on your new tools.

I`m in tobacco country here in Va. and cigs are still available for $25.00 a carton but anyone who quits smoking will be saving a lot more than just money. Good luck to you and stick to your game plan.

Help me out guys. I figured up the cost yesterday. I am spending about $1200.00 a year on smokes. That is a new set of rims(nice ones like centerline or weld), a camshaft + intake and carb, a big block, a new rifle scope, a hunting trip, or a bead roller + tubing bender or anything else you can think of. Guys stay on me. I want to quit but I may need help.

Quitting smoking is not a hard task now. There are various ways to quit smoking like medical treatment, artificial aids, hypnosis and other aids, etc. It gives immediate as well as long-term benefits. Visit this site: http://smokingharms.com/ where I acquired a lot of information about quitting smoking.

Proud to say I am down to under a pack a week, I guess this old fart is week at times:angry7: but every morning I wake up I can smell cigarettes in the house from my wife and younger sun, I open the windows and light up a couple candles
My worst time is when I am relaxing in the evening and everyone is coming in from work. I smoked one last night and like always it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Today will be another smoke free day and hopefully my last.
My family on the hill here are amazed at how I am doing, They sent for another weeks worth of smokes last week and spent 32 dollars each and I have not bout a carton of smokes in 2 months, They say they are going to quite :clock: we will see. I am week but doing good I think.
When I get on edge over something I take a pill and lay down and rest just to wake up to a nasty cigarette smell in my house so it is easy for me to walk outside and have a cold one and be happy that I don't carry a pack of smokes around with me. When I do have one I feel a bit of a buzz and I have been though two time's the amount of mouth wash. I know I can do it, its just a matter of a couple more days. Cold Turkey may start today.:-D

Hang in there my friend! Dont let the little bumps in the road get you off track of the bigger picture. Youve come a long way and Im sure you are in the home stretch! Keep it up!!

Wait :cheers:he is getting back up:-D

i'm inspired by all of you. i've been wanting to quit for years. my best freind has quit after a heart scare last month, neither he or his girl thought they could ever quit and now they are both smoke free.
i've got enough smokes now to last me until sunday when i'll be busy helping another buddy finish off a parts car we got for his valiant, he's also a non smoker but has patiently put up with my habit for all this time since HE quit
(25yrs.)
i also promised my fiancee that i'd quit ... man i'm ready

ONE WEEK DOWN. :cheers:

WAY TO GO!!! Keep it up!! I got a little extra help this week in the form of a really bad flu. Being sick sure knocked out any and all cravings for a few days. It also is a lot easier with all the support here and the great group we have quitting together! 8 days and counting for me :-D

i'm inspired by all of you. i've been wanting to quit for years. my best freind has quit after a heart scare last month, neither he or his girl thought they could ever quit and now they are both smoke free.
i've got enough smokes now to last me until sunday when i'll be busy helping another buddy finish off a parts car we got for his valiant, he's also a non smoker but has patiently put up with my habit for all this time since HE quit
(25yrs.)
i also promised my fiancee that i'd quit ... man i'm ready
Show your strength and jump on the wagon with us I am buying me a four wheel drive four wheeler with my savings and get out and find some fresh air.
pauly v.100, you just have to say I don't smoke and keep yourself busy.
I want to be a none smoker and soon I will be as strong as my friends here.:-D

I'm not going to go postal but anybody who wants to know what I have to say about this can ask MEMIKE , I quit after 20+ years of 250 smokes a week thats a 25 pack and a half a day or so and so can you , you either do or you don't -go suck on a fag lads

-
Back