I was pulled over this morning.. 26mph over in a 30mph...

-

Weak440

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I live in a very rural area and got pulled over on a rural back road for doing 56mph on a road with a 30mph speed limit. I pulled up to the stop sign, stopped and took off. I made the right and went over the hill and was driving down a long flat straight stretch with a field on one side and woods on the other. I had my windows down and I was just enjoying the cool air... I am in the middle of now where.

I cruised down the stright stretch and I saw a Deptuys car move from behind a bush. I let off the gas and never really looked at my speedometer. He flipped his lights on and I stopped maybe a car link passed him.

He walked up to my window and asked for my drivers license and insurance then turned and walked back to his car.

When He came back He handed my DL and insurance back and said I had you going 56 in a 30 and told me to sign the ticket. I knew I was going over the speed limit but, I didn't know the speed limit on that road was 30mph!

So, It looks like in Missouri anything over 25mph over the posted speed limit is an automatic court visit.

I got a ticket for rolling through a stop sign back in January... other than that... My driving record is clean.

This is going to suck! I am going to start calling and doing home work on lawyers because... I am clearly in over my head here.

:eek:ops:

20 over is a criminal ticket, you could have been arrested and car impounded...

In Idaho 20 over magically turns into...............reckless driving

I live in a very rural area and got pulled over on a rural back road for doing 56mph on a road with a 30mph speed limit. I pulled up to the stop sign, stopped and took off. I made the right and went over the hill and was driving down a long flat straight stretch with a field on one side and woods on the other. I had my windows down and I was just enjoying the cool air... I am in the middle of now where.

I cruised down the stright stretch and I saw a Deptuys car move from behind a bush. I let off the gas and never really looked at my speedometer. He flipped his lights on and I stopped maybe a car link passed him.

He walked up to my window and asked for my drivers license and insurance then turned and walked back to his car.

When He came back He handed my DL and insurance back and said I had you going 56 in a 30 and told me to sign the ticket. I knew I was going over the speed limit but, I didn't know the speed limit on that road was 30mph!

So, It looks like in Missouri anything over 25mph over the posted speed limit is an automatic court visit.

I got a ticket for rolling through a stop sign back in January... other than that... My driving record is clean.

This is going to suck! I am going to start calling and doing home work on lawyers because... I am clearly in over my head here.

:eek:ops:

1. is there a posted speed limit?
2. if not, when was the last road safety survey done?

I got off on my last ticket because of these two things. I was on a 45mph road, admittedly speeding @ 55ish when i got pulled over on a rural section.(has an odd 1/2 mile of rural rd between two 45mph zones w/ no speed limit listed).

When i fought the ticket, the cop showed up with his evidence and the safety survey was out of date and inadmissible. and with no speed limit or safety survey, the judge could not determine if my speed was unsafe for the road.

Lastly, if you got a ticket you think is bogus, ALWAYS fight it. Even if you have a snowballs chance in hell of winning, at the very least your presence will eat up a large portion of that ticket. Since the county has to pay the judge, the cop, the bailiff and misc. assistants.

Some areas have a "default" speed, AKA 35 mph in the county. So even if not posted, "the thems" always have an out. These are typically posted at county lines, so even if you didn't read the sign, "you have been warned."

It always has been . Trust me on this . I found that out all the way back in 1981 . 70 on an interstate outer road with no posted speed . Ignorance of the law is no excuse , so they told me .

Some areas have a "default" speed, AKA 35 mph in the county. So even if not posted, "the thems" always have an out. These are typically posted at county lines, so even if you didn't read the sign, "you have been warned."

wow, and people complain about cali. Out here if its rural and not posted, its a 55 zone, because they consider it a "country road"

A good lawyer will get the fines reduced or thrown out.

My son (Speed Racer) got 5 tickets in three months with getting pulled over twice. Got a good recommended lawyer from a salesman at the local Ferd Dealer and they got all but one thrown out and the last one was supervision where if he kept clean for 6 months, nothing on his record.

Every states different. Some states, if speed limit is not posted, then you are allowed to travel normal highway speed limit

A good lawyer will cost more than the ticket. He caught you. You're busted. Pay the ticket.

In Maricopa County of AZ, I can not speak for the other counties, if you get a ticket and have not had one for the last 18 months(I think). You can take a drivers class to have the ticket not appear on your record.
I have had two tix in the last 10 years and took advantage of this both times. The first time was 8 hrs sitting in a class with instructor. The last time, was in January, I took the class on the computer and it took a couple hours. The class cost was almost as much as the ticket, but no points on your record and your insurance company is none the wiser

Recently working in Detroit......Pulled for a NO LEFT TURN....(Small sign posted on opposite side of intersection in a construction area no less) if your from out of state the officer is required to retain your DL unless you can post a $100 cash bond on the spot.

Court date pending next Monday am................willing to pay the $150 ticket.......just want them to drop from Failure to Obey TC device to something less than 3 pts.......

Attachments

• IMG_0027 (Small).JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 448
Recently working in Detroit......Pulled for a NO LEFT TURN....(Small sign posted on opposite side of intersection in a construction area no less) if your from out of state the officer is required to retain your DL unless you can post a $100 cash bond on the spot.

That last part seems like it should be illegal. In theory couldnt you then be pulled over by a cop a few miles down the road for driving without a license?

Usually in those cases, at least from my past experience, you have to drive with the ticket on you. If you get pulled over again, you show the ticket as your "license" and it should prove that you have one, but it was held in lieu of bond.

Usually in those cases, at least from my past experience, you have to drive with the ticket on you. If you get pulled over again, you show the ticket as your "license" and it should prove that you have one, but it was held in lieu of bond.

That is the way it was also when I got popped but that was a long time ago.

Anyone have any tips for hiring a Lawyer/Attorney?

I always pay the fine and ask for defensive driving.Take the d/d course and they drop the ticket off your record if you dont get another in six months. I love tx.

In Maricopa County of AZ, I can not speak for the other counties, if you get a ticket and have not had one for the last 18 months(I think). You can take a drivers class to have the ticket not appear on your record.
I have had two tix in the last 10 years and took advantage of this both times. The first time was 8 hrs sitting in a class with instructor. The last time, was in January, I took the class on the computer and it took a couple hours. The class cost was almost as much as the ticket, but no points on your record and your insurance company is none the wiser

yea for a non-criminal. 20+ is a criminal moving violation... and where in scottsdale are you? im up here on CF hwy!

I always pay the fine and ask for defensive driving.Take the d/d course and they drop the ticket off your record if you dont get another in six months. I love tx.

driving school working is dependent on future tickets??

Out here you're eligible every 18mo and the point is off your record regardless of future tickets.

I just spoke to an attorney on the phone. He said that 26mph and over is a criminal offense and I may face jail time If it isn't knocked down. All I was doing was driving in to work... I am seriously about to have a panic attack.

I just spoke to an attorney on the phone. He said that 26mph and over is a criminal offense and I may face jail time If it isn't knocked down. All I was doing was driving in to work... I am seriously about to have a panic attack.

pretty sure that was the very first post... this is why i dont do anything, cant afford to have incidents

while driving 26 mph over the legal limit. Here they probably would have taken you to jail and impounded your car at 26 over so count yourself lucky on that part. Hire the best attorney with a proven track record that you can afford is all you can do.

That's pretty unlikely. Especially since you're not a habitual speeder/dangerous driver.

-
Back