I was taken...stupid me..

-

grassy

Reaction score
Folks,

I am doing as much as I can to get ready to do the install and conversion as problem free as possible ..and on a really tight budget. Anyway, I was looking around for a rebuild kit for my Holley..and as all might know, sometimes it is hard to tell what model it is so I took a bunch of pics and sent them to holley which the question of what rebuild kit I should use.
Holley sent me the model number back and said it woulodn't work on the 360 ..it was for a 73-74 chevy application.

So I guess I am now shopping for carbs...the engine..as far as I know..and I am nervous now..is stock crate with a slightly bit bigger comp cam..20-223-3 Is the following carb best for me ?

0-80555C ***
650 CFM Four Barrel Street Carburetor
Electric Choke; Vacuum Secondary; Q-Jet carburetor replacement

My application is a 360 attached to a 727 auto trans..maybe manual in the far future..

I have an Elderbrook intake manafold so should I go with one of their carbs ?

Again, ant guidance is appreciated.
Grassy

Those spread bore holleys will work with an adapter or a performer manifold I used one for about 6 months but my square bore works much better.

I wonder why Holley said it wouldn't ..there is no guarentee that I buy another holley..if fact, they didn't even suggest it...what type of adapter will I need for my elderbrock ?

Thanks
Ian.

I don't think the Mopar style throttle adapter will work with that Chevy carb. It's mandatory if you are not running a manual valve body or manual trans. It's possible you can jerry rig something up though.

The carb should work ok, a throttle lever adaptor for a mopar will bolt right on since most aftermarket carbs have GM linkage anyways.

One of my friends ran the 650 spreadbore on his 360 valiant for years and it worked fine, he was in the mid to low 12's with it, It will just need tuned to work on your motor but a carb is a carb for the most part.

I say bolt it on,not sure if you need the spacer?You can get any linkages/brackets to make it work.Good Luck.

OK..so it will be worth putting in a rebuild kit and just moving forward ..

TYhanks
Ian.

OK. I wimped out. I bought a new carb. Anyone interested in the old one ?

Ian.

-
Back