I was wondering..

-

Formula S 67

Reaction score
Ever encountered anything like this before?
Anyone have an idea what these holes are for..

100_1883.jpg

100_1884.jpg

Maybe somebody used an air chisel through the holes to get at the UCA cam bolts & chisel them out? Or maybe to put a wrench on them? Just guessing. The first time I took my car in for an alignment they didn't even try. The guy said he couldn't get his hands in there to adjust them on "those cars."

Thats awful. I never saw anything like that before, And hope to never see it again, LOL

If I'm not mistaken, those were placed there specifically to help you practice your body work skills.

<<< duckin and runnin

Maybe somebody used an air chisel through the holes to get at the UCA cam bolts & chisel them out?

It's a rust free California car.
I've had no bolts or nuts that wouldn't come right off.. that included the disc brake bolts.. I've looked at those holes in the fender tops, and there's nothing I can't get to.. that those holes would make easier.

The answer is simple: Mongo the Ape Boy got his hands on your car. In my line of work I see this all the time. People who do this stuff should have their Fischer-Price tool sets taken away from them...

I'll have to agree with CudaChick. Time to hone your bodywork skills.

Those holes allow you to spray WD-40 on squeaky upper arm bushing without lifting the car.:sign5:

Saw these holes once on a '74 Charger when I got airborne after hitting a railroad crossing at 90 (I was running late for work). Guess the bumpstops compressed enough to let the upper arms go too far. Didn't affect the way the car drove, and I had it for 2 more years. I suppose you could fill in the holes if it really bothers you, I didn't.

-
Back