I wasn't gonna but they sucked me in

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Well I made it to "this morning." I avoided Black Friday, stopped myself Saturday, but this morning I caved. I have to go by later and pick it up

The one in the bedroom is an early flatscreen, it's not hd, and works ok. The one out here is not wide screen, it's actually a huge heavy Toshiba CRT about 36" It's a nice TV, has lots of inputs (which I'll miss) ...........

but I have to use a converter box, and ALL of them suck. The remotes suck, the menu sucks, the reliability sucks. There is nothing about a converter box that doesn't suck.

Attachments

• TV.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 195
Well got it home, hooked up just in time to do a scan and watch "Gunsmoke" on METV. And, like all modern sales, it turns out they lied. There's always a downside

big_lie_.jpg

Turns out the component video in? AND the composite video in? As in, "one of each?

!!!NO!!! They are SHARED. I'm going to have to find an external switch. I have an AV switch, but what I need is a component video switch.

One word. Well, either of two. Yup.

So far the happiness outshines the "lie"

Turns out BestBuy is who I should blame. According to them, no mention of shared. If I would have discovered the "mother file" I would have realized...........

samsung.com/us/system/consumer/product/un/40/h5/un40h5003afxza/H5003_SpecSheet_091114.pdf

What it ACTUALLY has:

1 analog input, can be used as EITHER composite OR component video, "shared."

1 USB connector

2 HDMI connectors, 1 says DVI, 1 says STB

1 digital optical audio out

Attachments

• inputs.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 138
Sucks you missed a really good episode of gun smoke today

OH no!! I got it "up" just about in time. Just got off the www, ordered a 4 port component video switch for a little over 20 bucks.

Off to figure out how to connect the Roku box...........

Actually the worst part of the whole deal is "dealing" with the old dinosaur, which I cannot lift any more, lol

OH no!! I got it "up" just about in time. Just got off the www, ordered a 4 port component video switch for a little over 20 bucks.

Off to figure out how to connect the Roku box...........

Actually the worst part of the whole deal is "dealing" with the old dinosaur, which I cannot lift any more, lol

So I suppose you don't need this bottle of optical grade ethylene glycol I have then? :D

I took our 55 inch dino out in sections. LOL

That's why it was such a good deal, is it has limited inputs, but if it has what you can work with then there ya go.

Roku is Netflix capable, so at least there's that.

So I suppose you don't need this bottle of optical grade ethylene glycol I have then? :D

I took our 55 inch dino out in sections. LOL

I've been known to do that, LOL I paid over a hundred for this, used, at a thrift store. I forget how long I've had it, a number of years, now

LOL..........No wonder I can't carry the damn thing..........it weights A HUNDRED SIXTY THREE LMAO

http://www.cnet.com/products/toshiba-34hf81/specs/

The thing was no slouch in it's day it has a bunch of features

I've been known to do that, LOL I paid over a hundred for this, used, at a thrift store. I forget how long I've had it, a number of years, now

LOL..........No wonder I can't carry the damn thing..........it weights A HUNDRED SIXTY THREE LMAO

http://www.cnet.com/products/toshiba-34hf81/specs/

The thing was no slouch in it's day it has a bunch of features

I have seen those around before and you are right, they are heavy but I think the bulkiness of it is worse than the weight.
Ours was one of those 5 foot tall cabinet and 20 inches thick ones (3 gun Projection type)

You can take the old TV in to Best Buy and they will accept it for recycle. I found that out the other day.

-
Back