I wish I'd had a camera.....

-

nm9stheham

Reaction score
Then you could be impressed with this event too. My son and are traveling to work in KY today, and were westbound on I-64 in VA, almost to the WV border. We were climbing up a long valley only about 1/10 mile wide and 700-800' deep when we spotted an odd looking bird....which turned out to be an FA18 doing a practice run down the valley right at us! He was only 200' off the deck, well below the mountains on either side. It was a darned cool sight, with everything well lit in the spring sunshine, and I sure wish I could share it with a pix. If we were the bad guys, we would have been toast....

I bet that was great! I've seen B-1s run canyons and cross over I-40 in New Mexico a few times. Always inspiring!

growing up I lived next to an airforce base, which had both Dutch and US squadrons stationed there

once every two years they would have an open house, and at that time they always had a flight show

in the weeks and months leading up to the flightshow I could watch them train their little tricks
I remember one day specifically, where I was in the back yard and hear a distinct rumbling...I looked up just in time to see a pair of F-16s fly overtop of the house, close enough to inspect the chimney

A picture I got to take from the other perspective back in 96. I was on the Collings Foundation's B-24.

vbpgimage.php

-
Back