i would like info on dirt track racing

-

tobysoldblue

tobysoldblue
Reaction score
And i dont mean the funky body cars.Is there still a dirt class were they use real mopar bodies,like dusters,darts,etc?What are the stipulations/rules,different classes?Ive looked all over the web,and cant find the info i need.

Sounds like you are looking for hobby stock and street stock racing at a local track. The Mopar Chassis Book has some on ans so does the Mopar Oval Track Modifications book.

If you can find a local dirt track thay should have some races for the local weekend guy. There is a place here in SoCal called Parris I think thay call it the PAS or somthing like that. It is a 1/4 mile dirt track. The sprint miget guys race there but they have stock body classes as well. That is what you need to find first then go talk to them. I would like to do what you are talking about too. but..... well time and money you know how that is. Mabby some day though. Good luck. Let us know how it go's.

We have a dirt track at the end of town, they have roadrunners which are your stock body cars but they limit you to, I think, 78 & newer and they're pretty much knock out the windows, put a cage in and go racing. We ran the thunder car class which were stock bodied, on stock frames, but you could take alot more sheetmetal out, put 9" rears in, disc brakes, tubular control arms, etc...on & on....was fun while it lasted but was definately a money pit to be competitive. We ran go-karts up and down the east coast and out to Ohio & Michigan, that was fun too...
There used to be dirt track action near Hickory, NC and up through Virginia I've seen some tracks, there's one around Winchester I think.

I have two dirt tracks with in 25 miles of me here in Jonesboro Arkansas.
Street stock is the class that is fun, But the coil spring cars do a better job getting a round the track then our tortion bar cars do.
If you go to hobby class you can do more up grades.
I did the oval track in a 73 barracuda for one year and went to a nova and
parts and modes are everywhere for less money.
We had a guy show up here last year and shocked a few hobby x brand and took 3rd in his feature race.
But !!! it is a money pit ,But nothing can replace it when the bug bites.
My son races every week end. he is a great driver like I was!!hehe . He can get a car around a track very good and make smart moves and drives for many different people. here is a picture that I took last year when my son won the feature race when he drove the other mans car.

Then picture of me in a dart that showed up and I had to jump in for a picture.

The sons msa last years car and know he races his own street stock awaiting his supper modify car to get finished. the 23 car was my older sons car and the last picture red and black X brand is my younger sons hobby car he has on the track know last week end he took 2 in his heat and 4th in the feature race.
Good luck and enjoy, Nothing can be more fun then racing on a pile of dirt with others.

LIFE 193.jpg

LIFE 240.jpg

LIFE 241.jpg

LIFE 246.jpg

Picture 195.jpg

Picture 193.jpg

LIFE 1012.jpg

LIFE 1449.jpg

-
Back