I wrecked the Dart

-
My wife and I have found that our cars tend to play songs on the radio that are extremely relevant to any given current situation. We haven't been able to explain it, other than our cars have a personality all their own. We're glad you're okay and are around to fix her up and get her back on the road. Take care, my friend!

OMG you are driving Christine.

joking aside, agree 100%. really makes you wonder sometimes

Attachments

• Christine01.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 190
Wow, glad to hear you survived. Dart looks like it can use some bodywork. At least you have a story to tell when you need a good laugh. Just embellish the drag more than the crash.

Sorry to hear about your car and I'm glad
you were not hurt.

A little advice, never let your tank get below half,
you could be broke and still have enough fuel
to get to work for a week or halfway
across the state nonstop in an emergency.

Matt, get you a list up of what it needs and post it. Maybe some of the guys here can help. I don't have anything myself, but I have a few friends who may.

Sorry Matt! I'm just glad you're ok. As said above, you are the most important, and some of the good guy's here will get you back in business.

Anybody have any 70 Dart Swinger parts to help out?

Hey guys, been sleeping off all the aches, pains and exhaustion.

Im gonna do a damage toll tommorrow, I'll let yall know as soon as I figure it out.

Sorry to hear, glad your ok and at least it's fixable and not a total loss.....
Lesson learned, now to find replacement pieces.

Glad you're OK. Sorry to read about the car, though.

Another life lesson learned: At 1/4 tank, think about refilling, and more importantly, DO IT!. That's something I learned on the Skyway between Newark and Jersey City (no road shoulders) in New Jersey back around 1967 or so. I've never once had an "out of gas" problem since.

Wow, nobody said it yet. OK then. That'll buff out!!:D At least you didn't get hurt bad and the car is still salvageable. Keep us posted, and good luck.

Dang Man!! I thought this was a joke thread (we have one here that reads the same) ..
Matt I am so so glad you are going to be able to walk away from this, but looks like you will have to fix your beauty back up to where she was..
Glad that gard rail was there :eek:ops: you could have went for an even longer ride :sad1: and even found traffic :sad1:
Walking away from this is a good thing Matt :cheers:

A lot of wise words said already, just adding my empathy and also in the coming days you might beat yourself up over what happened but don't.

Glad you are Ok Matt! The car parts are replaceable..... you are not.

I'm sure the damage isn't as bad as it looks, and hopefully you will have it fixed up and back on the road soon!

Ok so me and my buddy pulled my car into the pit and did some inspection and realigned the front end.

All 4 tie rod ends are bad
The upper driver side bj ruptured
the dr. Side tie rod sleeve is just ever so slightly bent.

As for the rest of the damage

I need bumper brackets on both sides
The bumper is taken care of
Id rather not screw with saving the valence panel, its too bent up
Need both fender extensions
I am genuinely unsure about saving the fender

That's not going to be bad work or cost wise Matt. I will check around and see if anybody I know has anything.

Well Rob, Before tax I'm looking at $44 in balljoints and $32 in tie rod ends plus $16 for a tie rod sleeve. Not bad at all. Best part is, minus some play in the steering, the car drives fine so at least its not out of comission.

I plan to replace the mechanical stuff next week when I have my two days off on Thursday and Friday. All the asthetic **** can wait a few weeks though.

I keep looking at those pictures and finding myself amazed how many things went right so I was able to just hop up and dust myself off. I'm so freakin' lucky to be alive.

-
Back