ICBC Bull S**T

-

69signetv8

Reaction score
Sometimes I just wonder what the hell gives...In BC you can be a registered veh owner at any age however you just can't drive it on the street until sixteen with a drivers licence, right.
So my kid fifteen at the time buys a Duster to rebuild and takes the paperwork to ICBC. No big deal until they ask him for picture ID.(Guess it's a policy)....OK he's fifteen, no drivers licence of course with pic, No SIN number etc. Only has a birth certificate and me there to say, Yah he's my rat....ICBC stated no way, not without pic ID can they register him as a owner. "I thought BS".
The lady then asked the supervisor becouse I was getting alittle pissed. The superviser said if my kid wants to pay 15.00 for a BC picture photo taken there?? it would then be OK becouse he would now have a picture........Dah..What the hell kind of goverment rip off is that crap? :wack: Here's to ICBC :butthead:

Every level of government has a hundred different ways to get their hands in your pockets, and they aren't interested in playing pocket pool! No sir, they want every last penny your pocket can puke out. It's enough to drive a fella' to drinkin. :drinkers: O.K., I don't need to be driven. :butthead: Here's to all levels of government and their incessant money grabbing.
Getting off the soap box now! :salut:

sounds almost like when i applied for auto body tech here at kelsey, i paid the $25-$50 sign up fee cant remember, and about a week later i get a letter asking me for my transcript, to see if i meet the level of requirements, so i went back done to kelsey with my transcript at hand and they take a photocopy of it and give me a piece of paper saying i need to go to this website and get it electronicly sent,outerwise i cant get accepted. so i get home go to this website and it cost $15 to do this, for 3 copies and i only need one. its retarded, but w/e i guess ill have to deal with the $15 loss lol.

Hey Jim I have a story for ya..
So i moved here from Ontario, i hate the bc government... i move here with my FULL licences, which there in ont, is also a grading system, g1 g2 and your full G.. photo card.. well i decide to move to beautiful british columbia ONLY... to have my FULL licence taken away from me charged 100+tax and given a piece of paper temporary licence and told to wait up to 3 weeks and to top it all off im told i will have to go onto the graduated licencing program.. :wack: im handed this ugly p.o.s green N emblem and told to stick it on my bumper.. HA.. what a monoplized government there is here.. its crap and i havent once put that ugly thing on my dodge. yet any car or truck i have owned.. :wack:
It makes me mad to know that ICBC has a right to single you out with a magnet that people have to have visible on your car at all times as the driver who is required to have it, its more or less there as a desease symbol.. people look at you like you cant drive no matter what colour or letter is shown. i personally think its humilliating. but then again i come from a big city where cr@p like this wouldnt stand, and the people have a right... :wack:
then again i have been pulled over twice in my 2 years being here, once for forgetting to have my headlights on(only had on my foglamps) and the second was because of a road block down town victoria..

And that was my little rant.. that has been going on for 2 years now.. and going strong.

Yah, I know. Both my boys went through it. LOOK OUT, IT'S A "NEW" DRIVER Lable. But you would only know this from behind the car. So...yah, a money grab. disgust Welcome to BC

It's another way for ICBC to make money, because if you don't have it and get pulled over you can get a fine.

I got one for you. If I were to move to BC from alta. and then go to register my wifes new Honda Accord the BC registry will charge me the provincial sales tax on the original purchase price of that car. The car has to be 2 yrs old or older to get out of it. Just another reason why it'll be cold day in hell before I'll be moving further west.

demon seed said:
I got one for you. If I were to move to BC from alta. and then go to register my wifes new Honda Accord the BC registry will charge me the provincial sales tax on the original purchase price of that car. The car has to be 2 yrs old or older to get out of it. Just another reason why it'll be cold day in hell before I'll be moving further west.

OK, on the moving subject! My son Rian moved to Alberta...His GMC Yukon was bought in BC from a dealer two months prior. It was all checked out with the Car Care Paperwork. Anyways, I drove it out to him with BC insurance for two days temp. My son, living at a place with no driveway couldn't park it on the street so he had to get Alberta insurance within the two days. It works out he had to get it inspected again first before the insurance. No big deal...yet!
We ended up calling a place that does inspections and the guys says it will cost 100.00. We get there and tell the guy the vehicle was just bought and inspected in BC...Yah, I know "who cares". The guy phones us and states it needs new tie-rods????? Like "F" off, :cussing: I drove it out with new tires. That thing was excellent on the roads and highways. I told the guy if the tie rods are shot why are the new tire not worn at all! (he just turn a little red) Anyways, the guy said to bad take it up with Car Care in BC. Is what really pissed me off is that the guy had us no matter what. It cost 700.00 for inspecton two tie rods and alignment. As far as I'm conserned this was one of those "I got him" and he's from BC......and the worst of it! There a lot of "real ****" driving on those roads.

an its never gonna change my friend never only get worse just think whats gonna happien when yur kids kids get up there,there gonna have to give them a Turd sample or somethin!

MIKEY

Damn, and to think that i thought that life was laid back and easy up north of the border. Sounds like you guys have to deal with more government than we do! Plus we win all of the Stanley Cups. go Wings!

The U.S. isn't any better. I needed a drivers abstact from Washington state years ago for my insurance company. When I was at the government offices the lady printed it out for me. I looked at it and was getting ready to walk out when she said it was $5.00 if I wanted to take it. I said if I don't take it what are you going to do with it, she says put it in the trash can. So I say let me get this right, I have to pay $5.00 for it but the trash can can have it for free? The trash can must pay more taxes than I do, She didn't thing that was funny and snatched it from me and tossed it in the trash. I picked it out of the trash and said thank you and started to walk out. She yells to me she's calling the police, I say go ahead and kept walking. Stupid liberal Washington state government doesn't have any common sense or logic. I'm surprised they can actually feed themselves and don't starve to death.

Chuck

I'm totally convinced that there is a super secret group of bean counters (both north and south of the border) in the government who's only job it is to dream new ways to get our money. We ***** and complain that the banks are killing us in user fees but take a look at the BS fees that all areas of the government charge. Who's really screwing us.

Terry

The Bumper sticker say's it all!!

DON"T STEAL FROM THE GOVERMENT! "THEY HATE COMPETITION"!!

demon seed said:

That's the provinces way of protecting their cash grab from new car purchases. If they didn't have rules like this, everyone here would go to Alberta to buy new cars to save on the PST. You'd be a fool to buy locally when you could hop on a plane and buy a car in a province without a provicial sales tax. Saving several thousand dollars would certainly motivate me!

A friend of mine fell into this trap recently. He lived in Calgary and he and his wife bought a new car while there. She got transferred to Victoria and they had to fight tooth and nail to not have to cough up the BC PST on the car they'd bought in Alberta years before. Yes, it's BS. No, you can't do anything about it.

Remember the old Revolutionary War motto:

"No Taxation without representation!"

Yeah, we have representation now...and they tax the crap out of us.

Ronald Reagan made the point best...The Government never tries to make do with what it has....it always finds a way to ask for more.

GWB compares himself to Ronald...but old Ron is probably rolling in his grave the way GW is wasting taxpayers money.

DemonDave we know why that is in place, Washington has the same thing if you purchase a car in Oregon and try to register it in Washington. The problem with the law is someone that moves 2 or 3 years later is obviously not trying to beat the government out of their money. The laws are written way to general and there should be exceptions, like you don't have to pay it if it's been more than 2 years or if you have to pay it is at current value not original price.

Chuck

Hee-Hee, bought my TTI headers out of Calagary and saved 8% rather then BC 15% taxes....But I'll have to pay Grayhound freight, so it works out.

If the BC laws are like Washington laws you are still supposed to pay the tax if you purchase something out of state. I'm supposed to get a tax form from the state department of revenue and claim my purchases and pay the tax voluntarily, Yea right like thats gonna happen. I'll get right on that, LOL.

Chuck

i think that it is the insurance industry on the whole that is f$$ked. traci just called me hear on tour and said that the fire insurance on ower house and contence is based off our ages. so how dose that work?? i guess the tv i had when i was 20 was less likely to catch fire than the one i own now?????

69signetv8 - as for your son's truck if he moves back to bc it will have to be inspected again (sucks) and have you looked under the truck are the tie rods gold?????

austin

custom100 said:
i think that it is the insurance industry on the whole that is f$$ked. traci just called me hear on tour and said that the fire insurance on ower house and contence is based off our ages. so how dose that work?? i guess the tv i had when i was 20 was less likely to catch fire than the one i own now?????

austin

They also use your credit score now too, they say people with a lower credit score are a bigger insurance risk.

Chuck

Exactly how does missing a credit card payment make you a more dangerous driver? That's completely asinine.

-
Back