Ice on inside of windshield

-

ArizonaKid

Reaction score
So recently I've had this problem of ice forming on the inside of the windshield of my '74 swinger, both front and back. my front is usually just spots, but it has also been completely covered a few times. The back windshield is almost always covered. The side windows are mostly fine though.

What could be causing this? I'm assuming its the windshield gasket, but the front one has been replaced very recently, I had a big crack in the windshield and decided to replace it. The strange thing is, the side windows almost never have ice on the inside, even when the front and back are completely covered.

Is there a way to fix this? Or do I just have to deal?

Sounds like moisture staying in the car. Try to keep snow and such off the carpet/mats as they might be holding water, circulate your air with outside only, run the A/C if you have it to help pull it out.

excessive moisture in the cabin comes from snow tracked in or leaks.

When the car warms up, put the heater on high defrost and crack a window open about 1" to help let the moisture that evaporates from the heater get out.

I am having the same issue with a daily driver (no obvious source of the moisture). Based on a tip I saw on Facebook, I have placed a couple of socks with crystal cat litter in them, in the car. It seems to be working.

No AC, but I can try the cat litter trick. It's basically impossible to not get snow on the inside of the car, I park outside at home and work.

Your name alone should scare the snow right outta the car!!!!! I guess as long as there is a steady source of moisture you will need a steady source of a drying agent. The cat litter option is looking pretty good cost-wise especially since the problem is seasonal.

Scrape it off the windows, add flavor, and make snow cones....

-
Back