ID these seats

-

BrianT

Here we go again...
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Found these seats for sale on Craigslist, haven't heard back from the guy yet so I don't know what they fit. He advertised them as "Mopar buckets".

I need to get the bench seat recovered in the Demon, but buckets would be better!

3m13p83l9ZZZZZZZZZ94m532a9385c85619a8.jpg

They kinda' look like recovered '70 Cuda. Also, '71 Duster/Demon?

I'll try and get some better pictures. I know what a body seat tracks look like, I just put buckets in my 67. He also wants $400 for them. Kinda pricey.

Appear to be Demon,good price if the covers are good.

Talked to the guy and he said someone called him and told him they were 72 Challenger seats, he didn't know, he's a chevy guy. He is going to try and get me the measurements on the studs.

No rips or tears. The inserts look like they've been changed to me.

He just called me back and said that the measurements are 12 inches side to side and 12 inches front to back. I checked on my 67 Dart laying on my back in the garage and that looks like the approximate measurements of the studs poking through my floorboard.

I am going to go look at them. I'm spending money this week like a drunken sailor on a weekend pass!!

The studs on my '72 Demon buckets measure 12 inches side to side and 12 inches front to back. Hope this helps.

I'm spending money this week like a drunken sailor on a weekend pass!![/quote]

Rrrr Matey, thats the way it be with old Mopars!!! Better buy them now, cause they won't last long at that price, and it sound's like a bolt in to me. Can't beat that for $400.00. Good luck with your project, Geof

Well, they're mine now. I feel pretty confident they're either Duster or Demon seats because they have A body tracks on them. They were in a 69 Chevelle so I feel good just for rescuing them from that fate.

I'll take some pictures after I get them cleaned up after dinner. 3rd night in a row working in the driveway on the car. You gotta love warm weather!

I couldn't wait for dinner. He is a before and after pict of the seats. Turns out the inserts were actually at one time purple. Imagine that, Mopar seats with purple inserts.

They cleaned up very well and I'm happy with my purchase. Now quit talking me into buying this stuff. I just need to quit searching Craigslist twice a day!

71Demon4-09046Medium.jpg

71Demon4-09048Medium.jpg

I'll buy some vinyl dye from one of my vendors and shoot them all black once they have dried for a few days. I have some satin black rustoleum for the tracks.

-
Back