Ideas on Hiding Mopar ECU

-

FJRdoc

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi gang. I've been toying with the idea of installing my late 70's Direct Connection electronic ignition in my 1970 Duster 340 restoration. My biggest issue is that I don't want to mount the ECU in my engine compartment. I'm looking for suggestions from other members on ideas on where to hide the ECU to maintain the stock 1970 engine compartment look.

Why not convert to the HEI. There’s an adapter to mount it under and to the underside of the distributor. Leaves the area around the distributor virtually undetectable

Hi gang. I've been toying with the idea of installing my late 70's Direct Connection electronic ignition in my 1970 Duster 340 restoration. My biggest issue is that I don't want to mount the ECU in my engine compartment. I'm looking for suggestions from other members on ideas on where to hide the ECU to maintain the stock 1970 engine compartment look.

Why not convert to the HEI. There’s an adapter to mount it under and to the underside of the distributor. Leaves the area around the distributor virtually undetectable

Or better yet the Pertronics ECU.
It goes inside the distributor and then paint the Flamethrower coil black and there you go.
Then you don't have to wire all that stuff up or find a place to hide it.

Agree pertronix flamethrower looks like a points system...run great also

I have mounted it under the battery tray. I used the same clips the mount the front fenders to the inner fenders.

Mount inside pass compartment, and if not an AC car use the two empty bulkhead connector spaces for the trigger wires to pass thru

I mounted mine inside but my friend mounted his under the battery and ran the wires up into the harness and re-taped the harness and you couldn't tell it was there.

i mounted my in the washer bottle cut out the bottom painter the inside washer fluid blue

Great ideas guys. I'm currently trying to dial in a Prestolite with a Pertronix ignition. I'm working on trying to get the mechanical and vacuum advance set up so that the car runs well on pump gas. I have the backup DC setup just in case of issues.

Here is where I have my factory ECU mounted
upload_2020-4-20_12-53-50.png
:rofl:

-
Back