Identify These Heads

-
W

wedgehead1

I have a set of early model small block heads that I bolted onto a 340 only to find out that the intake pushrod holes were drilled in a different place than normal. I then checked the rocker position and all the intake rockers wouldn't line up. I checked the #'s 3418915-D AAWG 360. Someone please tell me what heads I have here. Thanks.

Those heads should work. 915's is what I'm running on my 340.. Do the push rods line up with the lifters? Maybe the rockers are on the shaft wrong.

They sound like they are T/A heads. T/A's used the same 3418915 casting but the intake push rod holes are located farther away from the intake ports.

Chuck

340mopar said:
They sound like they are T/A heads. T/A's used the same 3418915 casting but the intake push rod holes are located farther away from the intake ports.

Chuck

That's what I was thinking. If those are TA heads they're probably worth some bucks. It's my understanding that the ports are the same as the regular 340 head but there is more room for porting on the intake side because of the relocated pushrod holes. If they were mine, I'd probably try to find some "numbers matching" kinda' guy who needs a set & sell them. Or, you could run 'em & have bragging rights. If you do decide to use them, I think you'll need the special TA rocker arms. Here's a scan from an old Direct Connection manual that shows the differences in the heads.

:burnout:

Head Info Pic.jpg

I would also say they are T/A heads, if they are you could sell them and buy a set of aluminum Edelbrock heads and probably have a few buck left over! Someone out there really needs a set for their number matching resto AAR Cuda or T/A Challenger!! :toothy7:

To run them all that you need is special intake rockers the exhaust rockers are the same.

wedgehead1 said:
I have a set of early model small block heads that I bolted onto a 340 only to find out that the intake pushrod holes were drilled in a different place than normal. I then checked the rocker position and all the intake rockers wouldn't line up. I checked the #'s 3418915-D AAWG 360. Someone please tell me what heads I have here. Thanks.

Hey wedgehead1. Good to find another Mississippi boy here. It does sound like you might have some 6pack heads there.
What ya runnin' them on anyway? We'll have to get together sometime and talk Mopar.

-
Back