Identifying hole in door of 68 Dart

-

billkrz

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what this small hole is for (located in the upper metal part of the door above the GTS emblem). Is there supposed to be a plug or a screw there? Both of my doors have this same small hole (not the remote mirror hole).
Thanks,
Bill

IMG_2136.jpg

its for the small allen head screw that holds the vent window to the door frame. there are supposed to be little rubber plugs that go in there.

The hole is there to use an ellen wrench thru the hole to bolt in the front window track/wing window frame in. They're suppose to have tiny rubber plugs in them.

try the end of a bic pen to fill the hole,I just cant find a mopar part number on that lil' tiny thing but it fits!also works for the throttle cable where it goes thru the accelerator pedal,I wonder if bic is in cahoots with mopar???

i got mine from performance car graphics. nice guy. he pulls his trailer with a real daytona to shows!

In 67 there was a screw head there. They used different hardware. In 68 up when the hardware was changed the hole in the door was filled with a color keyed plug rather than deleted from stamping.

Thanks for all the replies! Also, yes, there was a remote mirror originally there. I went for a walk (to the Cracker Barrel) last week and found this plug lying in the road. It works great! (now to find some Bics....)
Bill

-
Back