IDIOTS in the area..........

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
The local "news" reporting that "several" cars on highways have hit state snowplows TRYING TO PASS them because they were in a hurry.............

ON a side note, the 5-6" or so so far hasn't been heavy but evidently some areas are transitioning to freezing rain. THAT will be fun. We haven't had an area wide ice storm since sometime in the 90's

Weather guy just predicted 40-50mph wind gusts tomorrow

Seems like every year Darwin shows up along with the snow. A lot of also rans in the ditches.

In my military former life we used the term "self critiquing error" to describe a situation where it became apparent that you were the cause of your own problem. Maybe your "environment" isn't being "saved" by Californian transplants in Subarus as much as down here. I just slow down a little and watch them slide around like billiard balls.

Speaking of "self critique" LOLOL I was glancing at the so called local "News" and of course they have the usual "news team" out driving around and "reporting" and they are showing someone in a pickup yanking a what-appeared-to-be one of those new fake Mini Cooper incarnate, which "I guess" are front wheel drive. And as the thing hobbled off---THE REAR WHEELS WERE LOCKED. So maybe that is WHY he ended up in the snow bank?? LOL

A few from today and tonight
Looking down from the truck body "shed" after shoveling, the yellow things are my hoist. There's a boat there somewhere
IMG_1252cs.jpg

IMG_1254cs.JPG

IMG_1255cs.JPG

IMG_1262cs.JPG

I discovered a "trick" a few years ago. I lengthen the chain that lifts the blade, which is on a truck type bracket off the loader, so that with the loader high in the air, the blade "droops" and I can drive up, overlap the shed, and back off and scrape nearly half the roof clean. REALLY work's pretty well
IMG_1266cs.JPG

..........AAAAAANNNNNNNNNNnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddddddddd.........couple of guys decided to go "almost diving" in Lake Coeur d Alene. They were damned lucky

microsoftteams-image-38-scaled-e1641488386677-1024x576.jpg

I heard Wenatchee really got hit

Do you happen to know a blind radio amateur named Jerry? AC7Z?

Last edited:
I'm really glad we have all the snow on our home, I turned the heater off 3 days ago & it's still the same temp

When I was stationed at Little Rock AFB in Arkansas, it hardly ever snowed. One time, in about 1991, we got plastered with about 12" of snow. The state was paralyzed. I was working in the command post at the time, and I had to go to work. It was 10 miles; about one mile to a 4 lane, 7 miles on the 4 lane and 2 miles to the command post. I had an 86 Caravan. I drove really slowly, but I was making it. There were no snowplows, and you could barely tell where the road was. I was just aiming for the middle of where I thought my two lanes were. During my time on the highway, I must have been passed by a dozen IDIOTS in pick-up trucks, going at least 60. There were dozens of cars in the side ditches and median ditch. I guess nobody ever told them that 4-wheel drive would not help much on slick roads covered by a foot of snow at 60 MPH. What Bozos.

When I was stationed at Little Rock AFB in Arkansas, it hardly ever snowed. One time, in about 1991, we got plastered with about 12" of snow. The state was paralyzed. I was working in the command post at the time, and I had to go to work. It was 10 miles; about one mile to a 4 lane, 7 miles on the 4 lane and 2 miles to the command post. I had an 86 Caravan. I drove really slowly, but I was making it. There were no snowplows, and you could barely tell where the road was. I was just aiming for the middle of where I thought my two lanes were. During my time on the highway, I must have been passed by a dozen IDIOTS in pick-up trucks, going at least 60. There were dozens of cars in the side ditches and median ditch. I guess nobody ever told them that 4-wheel drive would not help much on slick roads covered by a foot of snow at 60 MPH. What Bozos.
It happens around here, too!!

Well I'm sure glad glad I busted my a$$ today and got the pathways and back yard, etc somewhat cleaned out. It's midnight:15, and 36F and RAINING. Any snow I would have neglected will be a MESS. And "I guess" Saturday sometime it's sposed to clear up and get colder at least overnight.

Here in Michigan we usually get about 3 months of snow driving

I remember one specific day, I was doing about 40 on the highway (which in my mind was a little less then the absolute fastest I could safely go, but I wasn't going to toe that line)

I was passed up by a little import going 70 or 80

All I could see was his taillights disappearing in the snow

Then I saw a taillight and a head light
Then the other taillight and headlight
Then two headlights
Two taillights
Two headlight
A big puff of snow as he disappeared into the ditch

Yeh. One time decades ago I had to drive about 90mi round trip to work. I was just W of town headed towards Spokane. I used to try and get between groups of cars, and adjust speed to "keep" it that way. This is a day where heavy wet slick snow, rutts in the freeway (with big rocks!!!) and you really should not be playing around. Here he comes. "The guy" who can beat "them all" I was going maybe 45, he was REALLY steamin. He gets just barely past and starts to go round and round. I was over against the marker posts trying to stay out of his way. He slid back behind me in one rotating loop, LOL, and finally got 'er pointed down the road.

DID HE SLOW DOWN?? HELL NO!! Got 'er wound up again, steamed past, and roared on down the road!!

Then there's this guy I came across yesterday

I was out plowing and in between addresses when i can across some guy with a car stuck in the middle of his driveway, tail end hanging out in a busy street
so i flicked on the light bar and grabbed my tow rope

i told him to get under there and find a solid spot to hook up to and id pull him out, then id make a quick pass on his driveway so he could get in

he decided he didnt trust himself to find a solid point under there, and i didnt mind helping him but i wasnt gonna lay down in the street to hook him up

so he decided to keep shoveling

Fine, suit yerself

Seems like every year Darwin shows up along with the snow. A lot of also rans in the ditches.

LOL, yeah. One would 'think' that the previous years snowfall, slippery roads and slide offs would still be prevalent, but...........nope, lol.

An inch of rain does the same thing in Southern California.

An inch of rain does the same thing in Southern California.
(A little) Rain (after extended dry spell) is no joke. When I was at NAS Miramar, there had been an extended dry spell. I was going to an apartment and a few raindrops turned the oil coated freeway into a skating rink. Ice could not have been more slick. I wasted NO time getting off that freeway. There was an impressive number of crashes

(A little) Rain (after extended dry spell) is no joke. When I was at NAS Miramar, there had been an extended dry spell. I was going to an apartment and a few raindrops turned the oil coated freeway into a skating rink. Ice could not have been more slick. I wasted NO time getting off that freeway. There was an impressive number of crashes
That's socal in a nutshell.

Yeh. One time decades ago I had to drive about 90mi round trip to work. I was just W of town headed towards Spokane. I used to try and get between groups of cars, and adjust speed to "keep" it that way. This is a day where heavy wet slick snow, rutts in the freeway (with big rocks!!!) and you really should not be playing around. Here he comes. "The guy" who can beat "them all" I was going maybe 45, he was REALLY steamin. He gets just barely past and starts to go round and round. I was over against the marker posts trying to stay out of his way. He slid back behind me in one rotating loop, LOL, and finally got 'er pointed down the road.

DID HE SLOW DOWN?? HELL NO!! Got 'er wound up again, steamed past, and roared on down the road!!
Plenty of those idiots around here, usually they are the ones in the jacked up diesel pickups.

Well I'm about off to bed. What a difference a day makes, LOL. Last night it started to warm up and rain/ freezing rain, I think it was above freezing all night. It rained some today, then quit and was up near 40F for part of the day. Tonight it froze, I went out to see how things are doing before I turned in. This is the snow sliding off the shed LOL. Tomorrow I'll drag some more of it off with the tractor. There will be no shoveling this, it's like concrete. Sposed to stay cool next few days, barely at freezing in daytime, 15-25 at nights.

IMG_1271cs.JPG

-
Back