Idiots invading my space!!!!!

-

Robj

Reaction score
I'm a very laid back person and it takes a lot to get be jacked up.

I go to Lowes on Saturday to pick up a few items for the garage.

I always park out as far from everyone else as I can and walk the extra distance to avoid door dings. I come back out and I find this! :angry4:

View attachment Photo000 (1).jpg

Are you kidding?!?! Can somebody enlighten me???

View attachment Photo_10.jpg

Walking a little extra distance is also supposed to be good for my heart. I pert near blew a gasket!

The only thing that made me feel better was rolling over one of those big blue building material carts and parking it six inches off his driver's door before I left. I didn't touch it.

Did he leave you a can opener so you could get in?! Ha!

I couldn't open the door wide enough to get in normally. Hey I lived in Carpinteria from '80-'84. It sure has grown commercially since then. Those were fun times. Had a trailer in a park while going to school. Walked or rode bikes to the beach and ate burgers at a little stand on the way.

I keep a valve stem tool in my car. Remove them and lay 'em on their windshield wipers. I find it more offensive that it's an import parking to close.

people who don't have a dart feel a deep, subconiouse desire, verging on lust for one. they general have been very repressed their whole life and make up for it by buying ugly SUV's that they don't know how to drive or park...

or it's just an f'n idiot

Isn't that a bunch of bullshit? The owner of that car HAD to know you were parking there to avoid being next to other cars.

Some people :cwm21: I would have pulled the extra ketchup (the kind they give you at sonic) and put it under my rear tire and drove over it :glasses7: and :D
well you get the idea :eek:ops:
It could have been some one that works there and had you on camera :D
Look at the store and let the bird fly :D

Never fails. It's been that way for years.
I've always parked far away from others just to avoid the door dings and invariably you get back to your car to find a clapped-out Yugo parked right next to you with 87 empty parking places surrounding both cars.
Luckily you didn't have any damage from your close encounter.
Lots of years ago my ex-wife's daily driver was our '74 TransAm that we'd ordered before the sales brochure was even out at the dealerships. Beautiful car. She always parked in the far corner of the lot at the medical building she worked in. One day she comes out to find the car covered in liquid asphalt. A company was doing the parking lot at the hospital next door and the driver had driven over to the empty field next to where she parked to empty what was left in his truck. As he was pulling the hose across the parking lot next to our T/A the hose flipped over triggering the nozzle and sprayed the car. The driver said he planned to wipe it off with rags before he left! I just about burst an artery when she called and told me.
About 10 years later I'd parked my brand new '83 Hurst Olds far away from all other cars in a shopping center lot. I came out from the store to find that some kids had launched a shopping cart from the top of the lot and watched it crash into the passenger door of my H/O. Probably would have killed the little bastards if I'd caught them.

I had a similar one a while back except it was with my new car (the red one on the left in the picture). Came out to see this piece of crap right beside me after I parked right at the end spot.

The way this guy drives, it looks like he does it by feel.

Attachments

• g6 (Large).jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 545
Some people :cwm21: I would have pulled the extra ketchup (the kind they give you at sonic) and put it under my rear tire and drove over it :glasses7: and :D
well you get the idea :eek:ops:
It could have been some one that works there and had you on camera :D
Look at the store and let the bird fly :D

Ha Ha, been there, done that!! LOL :D

I have idiots part next to my cars too, my cars are not perfect by any means but if I ever see a ding, they will have a dent in their door from my foot. :finga:

I almost have to think it was on purpose. Like snub. It is so weird- I simply don't get it.

You know the guys who park diagonally and take up two prime spots up front are just asking for trouble but I'm minding my own business not encroaching on anybody and this silly moron pulls this.

He's lucky I'm not like him or he may have gotten a key down the side.

I couldn't open the door wide enough to get in normally. Hey I lived in Carpinteria from '80-'84. It sure has grown commercially since then. Those were fun times. Had a trailer in a park while going to school. Walked or rode bikes to the beach and ate burgers at a little stand on the way.

Yeah great place, been here since 77. Its grown alot but still has that small town feel. Burger stand is still there! Great job on your car by the way.

Ian

Once, when I was younger and more foolish, after I saw a guy dent my door with his car door, and blew me off after I confronted him, I left him a few nails propped up at two of his tires, so that when he left either forward or reverse, he would get a new puncture.

Dumb on my part, but it sure felt good at the time.

They did that intentionally or they are driving while high on prescription dope or they are completely stupid.

Malicious inconsiderate oblivious people are the norm in most of the california cities I have been in. I stay far away from those hell holes with my hot rods. I drive an 05 base model F150 or an 07 base model focus when in the city. Morons can ding either one and I will just mildly get aggravated then smile and get the hell out of town before the sun sets and the zombie idiots come out.

I almost have to think it was on purpose. Like snub. It is so weird- I simply don't get it.

You know the guys who park diagonally and take up two prime spots up front are just asking for trouble but I'm minding my own business not encroaching on anybody and this silly moron pulls this.

He's lucky I'm not like him or he may have gotten a key down the side.
yes, it's annoying when you park far away and someone feels the need to park next to you. Happens to me with my Stealth all the time.

But he's not parked 'badly'- he's still well within the lines of his parking spot.
Keying a vehicle for someone parking within the lines of their parking spot would be a bigger a-hole move than him parking there (and I know it's one of those things we say but would never really do).

I hate when people park so close even when you make the effort to park far away, that's why I ALWAYS take 2 parking spots! I park right on the white line.

That is why I back in to spots like this.

attachment.php

I ordered a new Ram 1500 in April 2001. Short bed standard cab, 2wd, 5.2, 5spd, Forest Green, and 3:55 posi.

Then, put Centerline Prowlers/BFG's, Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust, Tonneu Cover, carbon fiber taillights, billet grille, 3inch cowl hood, windows tinted, Pioneer everything...amp/cd player/10" subs/door speakers, etc.
Was told this was the baddest lookin truck in my hometown by many people.
Truck looked pretty nasty. It was my baby...I was 19 at the time, lol

I remember coming out of Walmart after parking further down in the rows away from everyone and noticing a red Grand Am parked on my passenger side. As I was about 20ft from my truck I seen a little kid in the back seat open the door up, then semi-close it then completely jam the door into the rear wheel well of my truck, right on the friggin body line!! Grrrr.
As I came up, the two gals in the car acted as if nothing happend. I was like, hey your kid just jammed the door into my truck, put a 50cent piece sized ding on that body line. They were like, "Oh, we didn't even see it, we're sorry." Said nothing to the little boy. I was just like, don't worry about, as I gritted my teeth cuz I just hated the fact that I didn't think it would look the same when it was fixed.
Made me madder than snot!!!

Also, when I traded that in...which I shouldn't have....for a 2004 Ram Hemi Quad Cab 4x4, I came out of church, literally the next day, and there was a fresh 50cent-sized door ding in the passenger rear door!! I'm like really, really, are you kidding me, only had this thing for a day, and someone at church had the nerve to do this and not even tell me, grrrrr!!! I think I gave up after that.

Keying a vehicle for someone parking within the lines of their parking spot would be a bigger a-hole move than him parking there (and I know it's one of those things we say but would never really do).

That's something I would never even consider doing. I'm saying there are those who would so it's just best to not be a jerk and crowd a nice car for no apparent reason other than to be a delta bravo.

I keyed some *** hats car once. Came out of the grocery store to pretty much the same scene, parked off at the end of a row, a dozen empty spots next to him. About 20' away I can see the red paint from his car on my passenger door (I always back in). I took my house key and made a 12" long arrow on the door. At the end of the arrow was a 1/4" chunk of my white paint still on his door edge.

-
Back