Idiots invading my space!!!!!

-
I would have left the owner a message in more ways than one. A holes!!! I would have casually walked back into lowes, grabbed a little bottle of super glue and dripped it in the door locks and down the window track. Not that I have ever done that before, but lets just say don't F$&@ with a car guy! Was just up your way the other day, actually Anderson looking at a collection of mopars sitting in a barn and ended up buying one. Lots of gems up that way. Nice looking dart, next time guess you should just park sideways.

But he's not parked 'badly'- he's still well within the lines of his parking spot.

I really have to disagree with ya there.

For me, I'm finally lame enough (can't walk very damn far) that I qualify for handicapped spots. So if there are no close spots which "look foolproof" I'm not bashful

You don't sound very laid back to me hahaha...I can see why you would get mad but your really fired up about this huh? Just don't turn into one of those yuppie pricks who parks his car sideways and takes up to spaces. Your asking to get your car messed with when you do that.

You cant fix stupid. There are no shortage of idiots here on earth. Some times all you can do is just laugh. Maybe make some sarcastic flyers for parking school in your car. Put them on wipers when it happens.

Another things that I hate to see are the people who leave the shopping carts in the middle of the parking lot! They roll around and the wind blows them into parked cars. They are too lazy to put them in the collection area. I watched a lady empty her cart and she watched it roll away, gather speed and roll right into the side of someone's car. It was late at night and the store was almost closed. There were very few cars in the lot so it was almost sureal to watch this unfold. She saw me wafching and I pretended to write her plate number down. She drove up to me and was ANGRY with me! She said " I have a baby with me, how was I supposed to bring the cart back?" I told her, put your groceries in the car, push the cart back to the right spot, pick your child up, push cart into the cart in front of you, walk back to car, put child in car seat...........she went back and left a note on the guys car. Some people should just take the bus.

well at least no dings or dent. i was not so lucky it went like this about 25 years backs i went to the store to pick up some things and there was only one truck in the lot so i parked about 30 feet away and across from him. as i was about to walk in i turned to watch him backup then turn with out even looking cut the wheel right in to the side of my 71 supperbee pushing it sideways 3 parking spaces then he tride to drive away. after i dove thru his window and grabed his keys to hold him till the cops got there he tride to say he did not hit my car. well i think if you back up turn the wheel and you come to a sudden stop with out useing your brakes you mite of hit something.

That happens to me all the time. I will leave 4 or more spaces on either side of my car, and when I come out, there is always a car next to mine. I want to shoot someone.

Theres a ASSHOLE in every lot. I park my Ram across 4 spots and away from everyone else so theres NO REASON to park near ME!

A friends brother in law had his car painted. He went to Kmart and park away from all the cars in the lot. He came out and this dumb *** park close like that and dinged up the new paint job. He could have parked anywhere else cause the lot wasn't full.

Well he called the cops they came and they waited for the dork to come out.
They wrote up a report and gave the guy a ticket for damage to private property. The dorks insurance paid to fix it.

The surveillance video showed him doing it too.

I hate that crap, too. When I drive my Trans Am I always park out in the corner, inside of a parking spot. Every now and then I get a guy parking stupid close to me, with a hundred spots closer up.

Sometimes if I pull into a parking lot and there is a guy with a nice car parked relatively close, like he wanted to be far away but there is a chance some asshat will park next to him, I will park next to him, giving him PLENTY of room to get in his car. He may curse me when he gets out, but I know I sure as hell am not going to ding his car so I may have just saved him some further frustration!

I thought I was the only one this happened to.................I don't have to be in my Duster, I can be in our daily drivers and park out at the end of the row by myself just to walk further and not have to deal with the morons that can't judge trying to get their Suburbans and F250's into spaces and I will be damned if there aren't cars parked by me when I come out........my wife thinks I am nuts.

I never park my Mopar in public parking lots unattended, only if its the local car show where the cars parked on either side of me are other muscle cars.
My daily driver has thick body and rocker moldings all around it, so it would be impossible for me to get a door ding unless the vehicle beside me is a Peterbilt.
Parking in two spots to prevent door dings is a bad idea, one night on the weekend a whole bunch of us went downtown, two mini vans full of people, we couldn't find parking anywhere, so here is this small Honda taking two spots, tempers started flaring, next thing all of us surround this car and on the count of three pick it up and throw it, it was hilarious, the mood went from anger to everyone laughing their asses off.

When I first moved to Florida in 1979 I had a 442 for a few years ..I worked in a Hardware Store and when I could see people hit my doors heading into Pubix to shop ..I would grab Fish Emulsion off the shelf and put it all over the door handles,..Fish emulsion is Fish **** and it looks it and best of all smells like ****..Watching them pull on door handle and look at hand and scream was Price Less......

huh, in the 2 years that I've driven my barracuda to work I've always parked fairly close to the building though on the side that no one wants to be on and of those I think I got one little dent on the wheel well. People in Brookfield are fairly considerate, if not very nosey.

You don't sound very laid back to me hahaha...I can see why you would get mad but your really fired up about this huh?

Heh heh...I really am but my family jokes about the "Johnson Fuse" which slowly sizzles and sizzles and usually goes out but if it doesn't...anyway, don't mess with my wife, my kids or my Mopar and we'll get along just fine.

Heh heh...I really am but my family jokes about the "Johnson Fuse" which slowly sizzles and sizzles and usually goes out but if it doesn't...anyway, don't mess with my wife, my kids or my Mopar and we'll get along just fine.

X2 Rob :glasses7: and let me add Don't mess with my dogs....

I wouldn't want to do anything mean in case he saw my car again. You guys will probably laugh but I might have left a friendly note saying something like 'I was admiring your truck. I'm sure it wasn't intentional but could you please not park quite so close next time. These old cars pick up dings so easily. Thanks, I really appreciate it."

I had a similar situation at a Lowes in Georgia. Drove my 53 Cranbrook Coupe and parked it well away from any other cars and cart depositories. After shopping, I came out to the lot and see some old biddy finish unloading her cart and then just push it towards my car. It was deliberate at hell. I give a yell and ask her what her problem is (no foul language but if she wasn't an old lady I would've slugged her). Anyway, she just ignores me, gets in her SUV and tears out of the lot flipping me off as she leaves. I was dumbfounded.

Still trying to figure out why you are taking your classic car to lowes ?

Daily driver. Meant to be driven and enjoyed and I do both very much. It's just a 318 Swinger not an original 340 car. Still, if I park way out by myself...give me my space.

If its your daily driver,then you are putting it out there for daily situations.
I'm not trying to stick up for the guy that parked next to you,but as you have found out,this stuff is unfortunately going to happen. I also have a 70 318 Dart,and I wouldn't go within a country mile of a lowes parking lott.These people see our cars as "just another car". Sad but true.

Thats when I wish I drove a piece of ****. I would just keep banging the door against theirs. Same goes for the assholes that cut you off while driving, again wish I had a p.o.s. land yacht and plow them right off the road. People have no respect. They are too busy talking,texting whatever. Another time wifey and I went to walmart around 2 am and were just leaving to go home and this guy and his 2 sons were heading into the store. I overheard the kids talking about throwing paintballs at the pepsi machine. We got to the truck and found these 2 little bastards threw them at my truck. I went off. I started back in to find the manager and he came out and I explained to him what happened and he told me there is nothing they could do. Well next I went and hunted down that dad and his little bastards. In the meantime my wife is telling me lets go. I was 2 pissed to leave. I found the dad and asked what the fuckin problem was with his kids. He stood there shocked. I continued to belittle him and told him he needs to put his foot up their asses and pay attention to what they are doing. He started to stutter an apology and he would pay for it to be cleaned. I told him that he needed to teach his kids some respect called him an asshole and walked out. You know if that was mine 2 sons my foot would be buried in their asses and they would have to go to hospital to have them surgically removed. I took it right to carwash and got it off.

-
Back