Idler arm help!

-

BigStrok3

Mopar!
Reaction score
Ive got a 74 plymouth duster and the idler arm is in need of replacing. All the parts stores carry the one with a curve in it. Well mine is pretty well straight. The one that the parts stores carry hit my headers so they wont work. Has anyone else had this problem? I guess im looking to see if someone has replaced theirs allready and find out where they purchased theirs from. Heres a link to the one the parts store carrys that wont fit on mine. Any help appreciated

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/d...apwcid=P1135867996W43b3f85c7ab9e&apwid42319bH

I had bought a moog local at autozone and it ended up being the curved one also. I guess ill just have to give summit a call and talk to them

are you sure it was a moog from autozone...they generally sell the Duralast brand...

and i bought one from them for my 73 duster and like you said...it did not fit...

i got the part number for the Moog from Bigblockdart.com and ordered it from summit.

I just looked ...I have one of the curved ones..and one of the straight ones...

the curved came from autozone...headers hit it...

The one from autozone was in a beat up duralast box but the bag the actual part was in had a moog products sticker on it.

are you sure it was a moog from autozone...they generally sell the Duralast brand...

and i bought one from them for my 73 duster and like you said...it did not fit...

i got the part number for the Moog from Bigblockdart.com and ordered it from summit.

Allrighty looks like ill probably be ordering it through summit then. Thanks!

Consider the possibility that your previous arm started out curved and somebody straightened it for exhaust clearance.

Consider the possibility that your previous arm started out curved and somebody straightened it for exhaust clearance.

I dont see that. My car only had 60k miles on the clock when I got it had the original 318 with manifolds. Car was all original. Plus you would probably have to be a strong **** to bend one of thoes.

-
Back